Grado Silver Paint replacer?
Jun 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

renugaid

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all!

I know this is a common problem with the plastic grados and MS-1s as the writing fades way too easily. A simple accidental wipe is enough to remove the paint. I've done a quick search and I can't find any regarding ways to preserve them better or a suitable replacement paint that will last longer. If I've missed an already existent topic then please direct me there. Thanks

renugaid

Jun 15, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm keeping my SR80s all black. I think they look nicer this way.
smily_headphones1.gif
You can probably pick up silver pens at a craft store or office supply store, though in my experience they rub off quite easily too.

Jun 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 6
I've had good luck with the silver touch-up paint for my car. It's close enough in color and automotive paint holds up considerably better than whatever Grado uses.

The trick is to use a bit of sponge to apply the paint. Cut a square off a kitchen sponge and put the paint on that. Then dab it on carefully. Better to put too little on each time than too much. Using a sponge will keep the paint from dripping down the sides of the letters. That's very, very difficult to do with a brush.

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 6
then there is the oft' mentioned advice to use a Silver Sharpie.........but (personally) never felt the necessity to bother. There are soo many ways to identify right from left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back