Grado RS-1 cable pinch
Aug 1, 2008 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Stevtt

500+ Head-Fier
Question for RS-1 owners, especially new one. I noticed a pinching or flattening of the cables where they exit the (excuse my ignorance of terms) plastic juncture leading up to the cups. Is this normal for these phones? Doesn't appear to cause any problems but I was kind of concerned this might lead to a problem later.

Any thoughs would be appeciated.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 17
I had the pinch on various Grados I have owned, including the RS1. I would not worry bout it. It is the charm of Grado.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 17
Just received back my GS1000 headphones from Grado Labs today. It had been sent in for a recable because the cable strands came apart at that pinched point you're talking about, so yes, it's possible.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 17
Yeah i wish theyd change that Y junction also, and the L/R plastic rod holders too, but ya gotta love Grados.
I must, i own 3 now,so.
I want RS1, but the plastic mixed with all that nice leather and wood kills me. I might still get it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i wish theyd change that Y junction also, and the L/R plastic rod holders too, but ya gotta love Grados.
I must, i own 3 now,so.
I want RS1, but the plastic mixed with all that nice leather and wood kills me. I might still get it.
biggrin.gif

x2

Considering this is how they are stored, I wouldn't be surprised if they developed some sort of connection problem at some point.

grado-17.jpg

grado-19.jpg

That said, I've never experienced any problems with the two Grados (SR325i, RS-2) I've had the pleasure of owning.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 17
Recently got my RS1s and they have pinch. I've had my 225s for almost 4 years and have had occasions of inadvertent pulls on the cables leading to the earcups with no detrimental effects so far.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 17
Damn, I cringe every time I see that picture.
How can they charge so much for the headphones and carelessly throw the parts together like they are some sort of disposable for one time use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

Considering this is how they are stored, I wouldn't be surprised if they developed some sort of connection problem at some point.

http://media.audiojunkies.com/grado-17.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://media.audiojunkies.com/grado-19.jpg[/IMG

That said, I've never experienced any problems with the two Grados (SR325i, RS-2) I've had the pleasure of owning.[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must, i own 3 now,so.
biggrin.gif

The only major plastic pieces on my RS-1's are the L and R indicators, and the Y junction.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 17
Recable and have someone make some metal L/R connectors, and ill be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back