GRADO RA-1 amp, what the heck is this all about?
Dec 18, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #151 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand the bans, if this forum is not for critizing audio equipment then for what else?

Perhaps audio equipment from upper echelon forum sponsors is a taboo subject when it comes to criticism, especially when innards are exposed visually?

Dec 18, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #153 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it might have been the reference to being backhanded by Grado, but as speculation on bans is banned, i will speculate no more. Pinkie's a good guy at heart.

Or about me copulating with a goat and refusing to edit it necessitating that I had to come in and do it.

The fact is, people get banned only after numerous warnings (unless something is so utterly heinous that an immediate permanent ban is issued) Most arnings are cumulative. So...one does not have to be warned about one infraction before being banned for it, provided ample warnings were given elsewhere. Bans are also not openly discussed with the membership...even of those that are old timers and highly active ones at that. It had nothing to do with Grado or an anti-Grado sentiment on his part. If one notices, this thread is still alive after all this time. If any mod and particularly me since I banned him (and I know John Grado and moreover, I like his products) were in his back pocket, this thread would have been dumped after the first post.

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #154 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry to belabour this, but let me see if get this right: a less-than-flattering comparison of an RA1 and a cmoy gets one banned from head-fi?

Nah. Cant be right.

what does that have anything to do with my post?

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:04 AM Post #155 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since this would seem to be PF's last post, it's obvious his being banned was the result of something said on this thread -- something which has since been deleted.

Which is a pity: while Michael has been cantankerous in the past, he's made a sincere effort to change, and it's sad seeing the latch turn against any steadfast member just before Xmas, particularly one who has just been through a crisis. I never presume that everyone has somewhere to go; New York has shown me how often people try not to burden us with their loneliness.

Oh hell, oh well. Sorry to disrupt your vital discussion re RA's sealed innards. Tonsils and adenoids away; I'll try Mike at home.

He's been banned? I can't bloody believe it!

Whatever happened -- at the very least head-fi should give him a chance to return in January or so, and to continue here as a member.

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #156 of 158
I don't think he wants to come back

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #157 of 158
This thread is derailing rather quickly. It was/is and should be about the RA-1. This is not about Pink Floyd's ban. If this continues, I'm going to have to lock the thread.

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #158 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is derailing rather quickly. It was/is and should be about the RA-1. This is not about Pink Floyd's ban. If this continues, I'm going to have to lock the thread.

Well, seeing how it was HIS thread and he gets bounced in the middle of it, the conversation was bound to head in that direction. Human nature. Maybe it should be locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back