Grado PS-1...Wow!
Aug 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 105

odigg

500+ Head-Fier
Once in a long while you stumble across something you didn't even know you were looking for and you smile so wide the memory of it will stay with you forever.

Grado PS-1 - I salute you.

And I'm not even a Grado person.

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 105
Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 105
This is one of the two cans I want really bad. (L3000 is the other)

However, I don't think I can do the PS-1's price. They have been appreciating like crazy lately.

Aug 24, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you recently purchased a PS1 or just listened to it.

Just got a listen. I doubt the person who owns them would sell them.

I was comparing them to the HD600 and HD650, both of which I like a lot. After getting over my usual anti-Grado bias, I was just amazed by the PS-1. Honestly, they were just as warm and smooth (smoother!) as the Sennheisers and beautifully bassy without that frustrating sleepiness and "veil" discussed here.

And yes the Sennheisers were well amped.

The PS-1 is simply an astonishing pair of headphones. I imagine many people who own them are going to take them to the grave.

Aug 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS-1 is simply an astonishing pair of headphones. I imagine many people who own them are going to take them to the grave.

i agree. great headphone. wouldn't mind owning a pair - at least for a while.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #12 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the current price for the PS-1's?

I don't think the PS-1 really fits into a fixed price category anymore. $3000? $4000? I imagine there would be quite a bidding war if they did come up for sale somewhere.

Dear Grado,

Make something that sounds similar to the PS-1. Charge RS-1/2 prices for it. You'll probably find a lot of team everybody else becoming team Grado.

Yours (addressing the PS-1),

-a head-fi member.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #13 of 105
Uh.. Anyone with deep pockets want to contact Mr. Grado? That's how the first run came about, right? Was a joint effort. I missed the production run on these babies.

Quick question.. The bass extension is similar to the RS-1's?

Aug 25, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #15 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh.. Anyone with deep pockets want to contact Mr. Grado? That's how the first run came about, right? Was a joint effort. I missed the production run on these babies.

Quick question.. The bass extension is similar to the RS-1's?

Bass is as deep as I ever heard, way in front of the RS-1, it's really no contest here. Everything in the lower octaves seems lacking when you return to any other Grados than the PS-1.

However, I don't think they're worth that much, certainly not the $3000+ they were fetching for a NOS pair. The original retail price of $1400 was a much better value and I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy a pair if they still were that low. It's kinda sad now that the PS-1 is only for a select group of individuals. Anyway, there are so few headsets in circulation now... so these crazy prices are somewhat justified, you want them, you gotta pay up my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back