Grado Prestige series vs the Shure DJ series?
Apr 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iceshark

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so first off I have had the Shure 750djs for around a month and a half now, which is funny because I feel like I've had them forever. While at this moment I'm not exactly able to go out and spend any amount of money on another pair of headphones, I would like to ask about the Grado Prestige series. The main reason I ask is because the Shure's seem to accentuate the bass frequencies, with crisp treble as well. The mid-range is somewhat lacking, and I listen to a variety of frequencies in my music. I was sort of interested in hearing a more interesting mid-range and crisper highs, but I'm not too excited about the idea of a "balanced" headphone, which sounds a tad bit drab to me. I was really keeping my eyes on the 225i's but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free. If you'd like to mention other higher/mid frequency sound signature headphones, also feel free, as I am open to a wide variety of input. Also the Grado Prestige series are much more low profile and compact than the Shure's, and even though they are open-air that is also a nice plus.

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 6
Guess I'll bump. And on a side note, if anyone has a link to a thread that might contain useful info

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Bumpity bump

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 6
Eh, I'll continue bumping

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 6
why not try the Grado SR60s and see if you like the Grado sound?

or how about the Sennheiser 595s, which are on serious sale at Amazon?

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
why not try the Grado SR60s and see if you like the Grado sound?

Well I sort of wanted to consider that, but the problem is if I have tried it and I want to move up, then what do I do with them? If I don't like the sound I will make sure to double check for returning options. Trust me, you have no idea how much I want to just demo these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back