Grado policy on PS-1's?
Mar 5, 2004 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Todd,

What's Grado's support policy on the PS-1's? So far they have been very close-lipped with regard to this particular headphone, and in most cases seem to disavow any knowledge about it.

If a non-German buyer required support, such as repair or replacement, what would Grado do? What warranty comes with the PS-1's for non-German purchasers? Would it be the same as the rest of the Grado lineup, or non-existent (that's not likely given Grado's excellent customer service rep)?

Also, so far, you are the only source within the U.S. for these cans (AFAIK). Does purchasing from you differ from finding a direct source in Germany, with regard to the warranty?

Thanks.

Mar 5, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 16
The PS-1 will be under full warranty through me from Grado Labs. They will have the same warranty as if bought in Germany from the German distributor.

todd

Mar 9, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 16
Todd,

Have you heard the PS-1s yet?

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 16
I am interesting in hearing the verdict on these, or at least SEEING them....in particular I am interested in hearing how they compare to the HP-1000s....if they are as good or better than the HP-1000, I might be tempted to get some, as my HP-2's are not in the greatest shape...

Apr 6, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 16
Todd, Thanks! Mine arrived a day early, and pictures are up in the Headphones Forum. You were right, the flat pads are a necessity. Once they've burned in, I'll get some sonic impressions out there. However, a short teaser: take the best of the RS-1, the best of the HP-1 and put them into one headphone that's got more low-end and potentially better fine detail than either...(if anyone is getting the impression that I'm starting to like these a lot, you're right
wink.gif
)

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
However, a short teaser: take the best of the RS-1, the best of the HP-1 and put them into one headphone that's got more low-end and potentially better fine detail than either...(if anyone is getting the impression that I'm starting to like these a lot, you're right
wink.gif
)

Stop saying things like this! :p

Biggie.

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
However, a short teaser: take the best of the RS-1, the best of the HP-1 and put them into one headphone

The price is also like RS-1 + HP-1
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
The price is also like RS-1 + HP-1
eek.gif
tongue.gif

LOL, well if you want to play it's gonna cost!

Apr 12, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 16
Hi Guys,

Here is another note on the PS-1. I cannot sell one to anybody that is not in the USA. SO if you have tried to order or have any questions about whether or not you can get them from me, I am not able to sell them except in the USA. I am sorry but I have some tight rules I have to play by and at least we get to have some here in the USA. For those of you out of the country, try to get your local distributor to try to get them for you.

Orders are coming in at a steady pace - I am sold through June and half of July so if you want to be assured of getting one, get in line soon!

Todd

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 16
Todd how do the phones sound are they the best? better than the HD650's?

Apr 21, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 16
I personally have owned the HP-2, RS-1, and HD650, and I found the HD650 was sonically bested by the HP-2. If in fact the PS-1 is sonically superior to the HP-2 that would indicate to me that it is in fact superior to the HD650. This is assuming the the PS-1 has the same sonic "signature" or lack there of of the HP-2. I will say however that as far as I can see by examining the pics of the PS-1, I am not too impressed with the build quality. The hex into round plastic did not impress me on the RS-1, and will not impress me on the PS-1. Although a minor point, I am impressed with the engraved lettering on the PS-1.

Trevor

Apr 23, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
I personally have owned the HP-2, RS-1, and HD650, and I found the HD650 was sonically bested by the HP-2. If in fact the PS-1 is sonically superior to the HP-2 that would indicate to me that it is in fact superior to the HD650. This is assuming the the PS-1 has the same sonic "signature" or lack there of of the HP-2. I will say however that as far as I can see by examining the pics of the PS-1, I am not too impressed with the build quality. The hex into round plastic did not impress me on the RS-1, and will not impress me on the PS-1. Although a minor point, I am impressed with the engraved lettering on the PS-1.

I'm not completely clear anymore on whether it's engraving or paint. EyePod posted that it can be removed, so it may be a painted logo that looks like engraving in certain light. OTOH, the grip mechanism of the PS-1 (and RS-1) is far superior to the HP-1000, IMO. That headphone you're always tightening screws, which are always loosening (and falling out completely). The PS-1 moves into position and stays there. It may look cheaper, but it works better. The metal chambers speak for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back