Grado Pad Preferences
Feb 6, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #17 of 56
Bowls on 325i, & never a comfort issue (I do have a better understanding that there are some persons with very sensitive ears.). I also own Headphile comfies, which are very nice as well and present a pleasing, different sonic signature. Still, overall preference is the bowls...for now...

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #18 of 56
When I had my SR325s I preffered the reverse bowls and flats.

The reverse bowls were airier and had a better sense of energy. But the flats had very full bass and sounded great with female vocalists.

Hooray, post #1000
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #19 of 56
Congrats on the #1000
smily_headphones1.gif

Me? I prefer Bowls on all Grados that ship with them, but also love taped bowls on the RS-1.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #21 of 56
I prefer crushed bowls on my MS-Pros and "regular" bowls with the RS-1's and SR-60 I used to own.

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #24 of 56
I believe that the current line of Grado Labs products are best matched with the original equipment ear pads--though some models may benefit from flat type pads from Todd The Vinyl Junkie. It is ofetn implied that flat type pads always result in a positive performance increase and I feel that this is not true with all models.

Best,
iDesign

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #25 of 56
I hope I can chime in as an Alessandro owner
smily_headphones1.gif
I prefer the bowls with my MS-1 in terms of sound, but they just aren't that comfortable for me. I end up with an achy outer ear after an hour or so, especially with glasses. So I use comfies instead - the sound isn't THAT much worse, and it's much more comfortable that way.

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #28 of 56
Bowls with John Grado phones and flats with Joe's. Each with what was intended.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #30 of 56
I use bowls on my MS2i when listening through the SuperMacro V3 amp. However, with the Aria the flats are a killer!
basshead.gif
But the mids and higs remain clear
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back