GRADO! need help with headphone selection.
May 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seanmcnulty22

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm looking to get a new set of headphones, and after reading some posts it is my understanding that Grado will give me the most for my money.  I was just wondering which series would be the best for me.  I'm not really into bass so much, but i do like to hear the details of songs.  Lately I've been listening to stuff like Kurt Vile, The Velvet Underground, Gonjasufi, Led Zeppelin, Doves, Autechre, Queens of the Stone Age, The Flaming Lips, Bowie, Blur, Death From Above 1979, etc. So basically i listen to a broad variety of music.  Also if you think a different set of headphones would better suit me let me know.  and another thing i would like to know is if the headphones leak sound, and if so how bad.

Thanks...

May 1, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi, welcome to head-fi!

Grado are great for rock, possibly the best. The SR60 is considered the best bang-for-buck Grado simply because it's cheap and gets you into the Grado sound signature, from there 225s and 325s are considered a decent upgrade. They do leak sound pretty badly, certainly only for use indoors... and not a library. Alternatively you would have to find something completely closed, but then it won't be a Grado.

May 1, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #4 of 6
get the ms1. its 100 but has a more neutral sound to it compared to the prestige series. many people that tend to listen to the ms1 tend to like it over everything up to the sr225

May 1, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 6
I also recommend the Alessandro MS-1 for a starting point, awesome headphone for every genre!

Quote:
get the ms1. its 100 but has a more neutral sound to it compared to the prestige series. many people that tend to listen to the ms1 tend to like it over everything up to the sr225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back