Grado in Canada for a decent price
Apr 3, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #31 of 49
My local hifi dealer mentioned to me that the Canadian distributor was thinking of *RAISING* the prices even higher. So my dealer dropped them like a hot potato.

I decided to not participate in encouraging this inflated pricing and will not be buying a Grado any time soon. While Canadian distributors of other brands have similarly inflated pricing, they don't bully dealers into restricting international sales.

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 49
i still fail to see the reason why US retailers cannot sell to international buyers, why make it a challenge to buy your product?

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still fail to see the reason why US retailers cannot sell to international buyers, why make it a challenge to buy your product?

Because the manufacturer (Grado) will cease to do business/confer official dealership status if they violate that.

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. Could you recommend me a retailer of Grado SR60 where they have a decent price. I tried ordering from Headroom but they later sent me an e-mail saying that Grado does not want them to ship to Canada, which I do not understand. Anyhow do you know other online stores with prices+shipping similar to Headroom, or can you recommend something else in the price range of the Grados.

thanks in advance

Have a fellow forumer buy them for you, and have them ship to you as a gift. That will make it so you dont have to pay Canadian taxes, or Grado's rediculous out of country price. Shipping to Canada isnt much with USPS, its like $10 or something.

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #35 of 49
Apr 3, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #36 of 49
Apr 3, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My local hifi dealer mentioned to me that the Canadian distributor was thinking of *RAISING* the prices even higher. So my dealer dropped them like a hot potato.

I decided to not participate in encouraging this inflated pricing and will not be buying a Grado any time soon. While Canadian distributors of other brands have similarly inflated pricing, they don't bully dealers into restricting international sales.

Yes, I am also going to boycott Grado's products for their ridiculous inflated pricing in Canada. Justifying their inflated pricing on duties/taxes is incorrect, because due to the North American Free Trade Agreement, there is no duties on made-in-the-US products and import taxes will be transferred to the customers who buy the end products. As long as they keep a double standards for their neighbour north of the border, I will not buy Grado products, including second-hands.

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i feel really really sorry for everyone outside the states who wants to get into grado headphones. it's the main downside to this beautiful example of small scale capitalism.

Today, I finally found a company that sold Grados. I enquired through e-mail if I could audition some SR60's and what the price would be, I quickly got a reply:
stating yes, and €99,-.

Maybe next month.
blink.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #40 of 49
I strongly suggest the Alessandro MS-1s for us Canadians, especially if you're deciding between new SR60 and SR80s and can't find used ones. I think they sound better than Grados up to the SR225 and they have free shipping from here:

http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

Total is ~$150 with duties, which is close to what you'd be paying for new SR60s (unfortunately). The resale is also very good on them north of the border...

Also, for those in Toronto area, National Sound on Queen St. has Grado for decent prices. I'm tempted to say $100-110 for the SR60s, but I forget the exact prices.

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This store located in Montreal, QC http://www.laboutiqueelectronique.com/splashEng.html and they sell all brand name headphones like Grado, Sennheiser, Shure IEMs ect. you can contact them. Also SF MARKETING(located in Montreal) are the main destributer in Canada for Shure brand IEMs http://www.sfmarketing.com/

No they don't, actually none of them do ...LoL all special orders, meaning they are not true Grado distributors, they will buy it from another retailer that is and make another cut on top of the ridiculous prices ...believe me I know ! The highest end pair of headphones at La Boutique Electronique is a pair of $100 Skull Candy and not even a pair of Senn considering Senn Canada HQ is right across the street from them ..LoL

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #43 of 49
I got some prices on SR60's in Calgary...

Loyalty Audio has them for $129.95

Mothers doesnt sell them...

and K&W are asking $149.99. Thats unacceptable. Why are you doing this to us Grado? Worlds finest headphones? Too bad that there WAY overpriced everywhere in the world other than USA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back