Grado in Canada for a decent price
Apr 4, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #46 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kardon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Johns a good guy, what if we get some sort of petition going?

Yea, that would work too. Or at least to let him tell us the reason for the inflated MSRP.

Apr 4, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #47 of 49
i think its coz of distributorship agreements. Grado appoints independent distributors in the rest of the world besides the states and basically gives them a free hand in their pricing policy. im assuming the their agreement also stipulates territorial arrangements and thats the probable reason why they wont ship grados up the great white north (or anywhere else from the states for that matter) officially.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #48 of 49
Hi everyone, thank you all for your input. Appreciate all the help you gave me. I think I found a way to get them from the US without violating any distributor agreements with Grado, it will just take me more time to receive them. However I totally agree with you that the prices here (Canada) are outrageous. It doesn't make any sense to pay double the price paid in the US. I understand that Grado wants to protect its distributors in Canada and give them exclusivity, but in a market so competitive as the headphones' appear to be, I don't think this is the way to go. The only reason I persisted on the 60s is because I read good reviews and my budget is low at the moment. I was considering Senns or AKG, which I believe are better but again the price issue. I don't really think that Grado will reconsider his policy but hopefully as the other brands gain more market share he will wake up and see the light...this is not the 50s and there is Internet shopping. I hope I have not made a mistake buying them, but I don't think I will consider their product ever again.

And one more thing...I see the same attitude in the American auto manufacturers. I hope Grado does not make their mistake and think he will remain the greatest for long.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back