Grado in Canada for a decent price
Apr 3, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey fellow Canadians, I have found the best place online to buy Grado's here is www.takefiveaudio.com they have the whole grado line up (minus the rs-2 and rs-1
frown.gif
) I recently picked up a pair of sr-60's from then for $116. That is about the cheapest price you will find in Canada. They also have sr-225's for $260 which is actually a pretty decent price for them in Canada.

It's not that cheap if shipping is added. My local hi-fi store sells it for $120.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A4Audio is a Canadian store that sells Grados within Canada at their American MSRP.

Thats a great find, if their prices are in Canadian dollars that is even cheaper than the US MSRP ?

Sorry its in USD, but still a good source, I wonder if they are a genuine Grado reseller ? because the Audio Group normally does not supply retailers at those prices. They proberly drove to the USA with a truck and bought them over !

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey fellow Canadians, I have found the best place online to buy Grado's here is www.takefiveaudio.com they have the whole grado line up (minus the rs-2 and rs-1
frown.gif
) I recently picked up a pair of sr-60's from then for $116. That is about the cheapest price you will find in Canada. They also have sr-225's for $260 which is actually a pretty decent price for them in Canada.

Those prices are the Canadian MSRP for Grados, nothing cheap about it !

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Canadian head-fi'ers ought to raise our concerns to John Grado. Why discriminate against us?

He going to say that his Canadian distributor(The Audio Group) need to make a living too !

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you live near montreal, I remember Studio 1006 is selling the sr60 quite high (about 100$ +tax) but sell the sr225 at a reasonnable price, about 250 CDN$, so its maybe 10% more than US price (200 * 1.12 for USD to CDN = 225 CDN). Dont know if they ship though.

Thats the worst store I visited for Grados in Montreal !

AudioVille on St-Laurent is the only store so far in Montreal that has everything from the SR60 to the GS1000, most do not even stock anything higher than SR225 and require a special order.

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 49
DAMN I've found a nice DEAL for some Grado!

Listen: I don't know if this work but It should:

Go to www.jr.com

Take any Grado and they keep the US price and they ship to Canada. Check out with Amazon. Also, you can get a 30$US discount if you take the credit card with Amazon, which is free. 39$US for the Grado SR-60 + shipping... hum...

The only problem is: they ship with UPS! UPS is worst of all in Canada.

I'm the best for finding deals
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He going to say that his Canadian distributor(The Audio Group) need to make a living too !

And Grado distributors in the US DON'T have to make a living? It's this kind of ridiculous policy/pricing that drives Canadian companies out of business. (Radioshack got closed in canada due to their lack of business/ridiculously priced items) Grado makes the same damn headphones with same materials and same craftsmanship, yet they set different MSRP for different countries. Hmm...maybe the exported ones smell better?

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #25 of 49
dude there's nothing cheap in hoserland! what with custom duties, gst and pst (not to mention the abhorant income taxes) ferget about cheap! try and get the best deal possible and fer gods sake, dont compare with our southern neighbours. maybe the classifieds mite be a good alternative. goodluck and let us know the best deal when u find it.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #26 of 49
- warning: the following post is from someone who doesn't like the Grado sound -

Think of it like sin-taxes on cigarettes or booze. The inflated price is there to "disincentivize" and protect you from yourself. :) But if you're addicted and just have to have it, then you gotta pay the price...

Seriously, have you tried ebay? For example:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Grado-SR-80-Headp...QQcmdZViewItem

In any case, I'll repeat advice found elsewhere: get them to ship USPS (postal service) or UPS *AIR* (not ground).

(USA-based head-fi'ers: please consider shipping over the border; it's not much of a hassle on your end and we'll gladly pay the difference in shipping costs. )

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #29 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Grado distributors in the US DON'T have to make a living? It's this kind of ridiculous policy/pricing that drives Canadian companies out of business. (Radioshack got closed in canada due to their lack of business/ridiculously priced items) Grado makes the same damn headphones with same materials and same craftsmanship, yet they set different MSRP for different countries. Hmm...maybe the exported ones smell better?

I think Grado sells direct to retailers in the US, but out of the US they have distributors like middleman that then in turns sell to retailers. They become the official Grado distributors in that country and markets and answers all questions pertaining to Grado products.

A4audio.com seems like the only place in Canada that sells Grado at US MSRP.

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alessandro includes shipping in their costs - www.alessandro-products.com

No they don't, read the fine print !

* Headphones, vacuum tubes, high-end parts, Working Dog amps, and
vintage gear not subject to online discounts.

Ok, tried it, shipping is include, just not the 25% discount. ....my bad and good to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back