Grado in Canada for a decent price
Apr 2, 2007 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Shaitan

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. Could you recommend me a retailer of Grado SR60 where they have a decent price. I tried ordering from Headroom but they later sent me an e-mail saying that Grado does not want them to ship to Canada, which I do not understand. Anyhow do you know other online stores with prices+shipping similar to Headroom, or can you recommend something else in the price range of the Grados.

thanks in advance

Apr 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 49
Unfortunately for us Canucks, we won't get the prices on Grados like our American counterparts. I guess depending on where you live, you're looking at $110-$130 Canadian + taxes for a pair of SR60s and $295 Canadian + tax for a pair of SR225s.

If you want to save some money, try buying used in the FS forum. Some sellers are willing to ship to Canada for a few dollars extra. Good luck!

On the bright side, we do pay less than those in Australia and Europe for Grados...so it's not all that bad.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 49
Hi Shaitan,

As glorythewhiz says, your best bet is probably the FS forum here at Head-fi. You won't be able to post in that forum yet, but you should be able to PM a seller if you're interested in something.

Grados are quite expensive when bought domestically, and they're very restrictive about where they'll ship (as you've seen), so buying a used pair is a good way to go. In fact, I've done almost all my headphone buying through the FS forum, and I save in price, taxes, and duty. Shipping Grados from the States via USPS Global Express should only be about $10-15 USD.

Good luck (and sorry about your wallet),
Greg

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 49
ttvj of course...he is one of the sponsors for head-fi forum

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 49
appreciate the help. I guess this will also be an obsolete question but is there another pair of headphones in this price range worth considering. Also does the small difference in price make the SR80s the better choice?

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the replies guys. I actually was able to use two sellers that were mentioned in another thread:

http://www.echohifi.com/inventory.ph...f6a56bc06cf1cc
http://ttvj.com/

and they both seem to ship to Canada and their prices are quite good. My only concern is with how secure they are. Do you know anything about them.

thanks

Since TTVJ may be an official dealer for Grado, although he may ship other headphones overseas, I'm not sure he will ship Grado. As others have pointed out, most places in the US that are official dealers will not ship outside the US. Reason being that Grado seeks to protect its respective official distributors in various countries and because of this limits shipments from here to those countries. Not sure about echohifi.

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 49
If you are buying from TTVJ, i suggest you use USPS shipping instead of Fedex/UPS Ground. I bought a $20 item from TTVJ some time ago, shipped through UPS Ground, and i was charged a brokerage fee of $20 plus 15% taxes.

Apr 2, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 49
TTVJ's website stressed that they will not ship grado's outside the states.

Apr 3, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #12 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its sad they dont sell the sr60.
frown.gif

Yeah, but getting the SR-80s for the same price that SR-60s usually go for kinda makes up for it.

Apr 3, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 49
If you live near montreal, I remember Studio 1006 is selling the sr60 quite high (about 100$ +tax) but sell the sr225 at a reasonnable price, about 250 CDN$, so its maybe 10% more than US price (200 * 1.12 for USD to CDN = 225 CDN). Dont know if they ship though.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #14 of 49
hey fellow Canadians, I have found the best place online to buy Grado's here is www.takefiveaudio.com they have the whole grado line up (minus the rs-2 and rs-1
frown.gif
) I recently picked up a pair of sr-60's from then for $116. That is about the cheapest price you will find in Canada. They also have sr-225's for $260 which is actually a pretty decent price for them in Canada.

Apr 3, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #15 of 49
I still say buy used. Get some new bowls/flats and the headphones are as good as new.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back