Grado HP-2: First Impressions
Sep 24, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Now I'm confused. I had thought that the reference and signature cables are one and the same.

I have a pair of SR300 with these writings:

'Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-wide Bandwidth Reference Cable'

The non-Reference cable says "Grado Signature Laboratory Standard Audio Cable"

Sep 24, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #32 of 35
I believe Hirsch means Stock and Signature. So that should clear things up.

Reference=Signature.

As for the HP-1's, not all of them came with the Signature Reference. I believe what Hirsch is saying is fact and this makes sense as Kelly's HP-1's do not have the writing and I know of 3 I have seen online that were without the writing yet the rest of the headphones were mint which lead me to believe that the cable is stock...i.e., the original non-upgraded version.

Hope this helps.

Sep 24, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 35
cable.jpg

'Joseph Grado Signature Ultra Wide Bandwidth Reference Cable'

Apparently this cable is directional, as it has an arrow. I have other brands of cable with this same 'feature', though I dont think cable manufacturers had the nerve to print such things on their products until stereo review magazines became fully involved in the process. However pure and natural analog sound is/was, there wasnt a market for $$$$ cable like Kimber's Black Pearl until well into the CD age. They figured out that Young Urban Professionals had disposable income.

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I believe Hirsch means Stock and Signature. So that should clear things up.

Actually, I don't, since both of them are Grado Signature cables, and the Reference cable became the stock cable in later models. How about Laboratory and Reference? That should keep them separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back