Grado HF2 Roll Call! (Count as of 12:00AM on 6/14: 215)
Jul 1, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #259 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
charliex, there was a note about this somewhere on ttvj's website. There are no discounts on the HF-2. So the newsletter discount doesn't apply. For those of us who paid by CC, he's just going to bill us the correct amount. For those who paid by Paypal, the bill went through his system automatically with the 5% discount or whatever it is. Ergo he's having to bill those who paid via paypal twice in order to recoup the discount costs.

It shouldn't delay your purchase at all... in fact, it might mean that he's getting things in order to ship, so in your case it might be a great thing! I'll have to keep a look on my CC statement and see if he's billed it yet...

Who told you he was just going to bill the higher amount? It's a very risky move, because it's credit card fraud. All anyone has to do is dispute the amount with the credit card company, show them the receipt stating a different amount, and that transaction gets voided. The customer gets a free HF-2.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #260 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAdental /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who told you he was just going to bill the higher amount? It's a very risky move, because it's credit card fraud. All anyone has to do is dispute the amount with the credit card company, show them the receipt stating a different amount, and that transaction gets voided. The customer gets a free HF-2.

If you don't like it, don't pay the extra $8.58, or whatever it is. I'm sure Todd will be happy to refund your original amount, and he'll sell them to someone who wants them. No problem.

I don't see how you can consider it fraud. He will send a Paypal request for the shortage, you'll have to approve it. If you don't, see paragraph 1.

The terms were pretty plainly set out in one of Todd's posts, so I don't see where there's any room to cry fraud.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #261 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't like it, don't pay the extra $8.58, or whatever it is. I'm sure Todd will be happy to refund your original amount, and he'll sell them to someone who wants them. No problem.

I don't see how you can consider it fraud. He will send a Paypal request for the shortage, you'll have to approve it. If you don't, see paragraph 1.

The terms were pretty plainly set out in one of Todd's posts, so I don't see where there's any room to cry fraud.

I never said anything about paypal. I'm talking about charging more on the credit card than what was authorized, like that guy suggested. I'm assuming he knows better than that.

And no, I don't have an order for the HF-2

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #264 of 317
I'm in

Jul 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #265 of 317
Geez,
I always seem to be a thread killer, Guess that means I bought the last one

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #266 of 317
see what I mean

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #267 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAdental /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said anything about paypal. I'm talking about charging more on the credit card than what was authorized, like that guy suggested. I'm assuming he knows better than that.

And no, I don't have an order for the HF-2

You've misunderstood the situation. This charging twice thing is only relevant for people who paid with paypal.

Jul 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #268 of 317
I ordered a while back, canceled, then ordered today in celebrating independence day and liberating myself from my money! Right after ordering I saw a picture of a hf-2 with the metal housing that looked simply horrible and if mine look like them...they're going right back.

Happy 4th of July Head-Fi!!!

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #269 of 317
very amusing, the typos and cup is making me nervous, as I will be in the next batch
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #270 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..... Happy 4th of July Head-Fi!!!

A good sentiment, Drumonron! And one in which I'd like to join.

Happy 4th of July Head-Fi!!!

And to all who don't celebrate July 4th, (and also to all who do) Happy pre-order decisions on the now-being-offered-for-preorder Shure SRH840 (Just when we thought our wallets were safe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back