Grado HF-1 #50: Katrina-Victims-Still-Need-Help Raffle--WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Dec 4, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #76 of 108
I have no problem with that but if voltron entered and his number is selected I want a screen capture to prove it!
icon10.gif

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #77 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
If someone has an issue with this method, let me know. I like it, as it meets the primary criteria of randomness in the drawing of winners.

Jude, not that I have any problem with the chosen method but excel has a random number generator that can be configured to chose in a given range of numbers (the randbetween function). Just in case you have any issues with the other method.

Regards,

Nate

Dec 5, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #81 of 108
I'm in for one Paypal sent

[align=center][size=x-large]#118[/size][/align]

Dec 5, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #82 of 108
Please note that all payment for entries received after 12:00:00 EST 2005-12-05 (based on PayPal timestamp) will be considered received after the cut-off and refunded.

There are only about three hours left, so let's get more money raised prior to midnight!

Thanks again, everyone.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #84 of 108
Hey there,

Put me down for 1 ticket.

I live on the edge!
smily_headphones1.gif

[align=center][size=x-large]#122[/size][/align]

Dec 5, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #86 of 108
And the winner is....

[align=center][size=x-large]Voltron![/size][/align]

Okay, okay, JUST KIDDING. He didn't win the raffle, but, given his lucky streak lately, probably only because he didn't enter on time. Let me 'splain.

71 minutes after the deadline had passed, I saw a $100 raffle entry arrive in my inbox from PayPal. Thinking that some thickheaded cat simply couldn't read my posts about the deadline, and disappointed that I'd be refunding $100 (since it was after the deadline), I rolled my eyes.

Then I read the message in the payment.

It was from Voltron, who deliberately waited until after the deadline to send in an additional $100.00 toward the total take. He entered after the deadline so that he couldn't win again. (For those of you not familiar, Señor Voltron has won, in two different contests, a Meier Audio PreHead MkII prototype and a Ray Samuels Audio SR-71. I kid you not.)

Voltron gets my What-a-Guy award for the day for putting another $100 in the pot for Katrina victims and giving others a chance at the prizes that, given his luck lately, he would have likely won one of. Thanks a bunch, Voltron.

For those who entered, I'm going to be finishing the number assignments soon. And then, if I don't get caught up working on anything else, may actually do the drawing tonight (but, if I can't, then tomorrow afternoon).

Dec 5, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #90 of 108
Ahem...

$1320 Raised

#122 Here
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back