grado headphones
Jan 25, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #46 of 55
I didn't like the Grado look as much until I saw them in person the first time. If you haven't seen them in person, it's much tougher to realize just how they look on someone's head... they're bigger than you think they are. I saw them on another NYCer, and fell in love. Combined with what I'd heard about the sound, I figured it was worth a shot. Went to Sound by Singer on 16th and picked up SR60s that very day!

And maybe they're just designed for my type of head, but I find them fairly comfortable. Even my new MS2is with bowl pads are pretty comfy, despite the extra weight.

Jan 26, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #47 of 55
What if you met a woman? Not beautifull by society's standards, not really ugly . Just plain, even odd looking
perhaps inexpensivley dressed although tastefully so.

You strike up a conversation with her maybe while standing in line at the DMV . The first thing you notice is she has a voice like an angel. Then you notice she has substance and depth as a person.

You ever notice how her look starts to change in your mind. You start looking at the positive things about how she looks. Suddenly you notice she has pretty eyes, maybe nice silky skin or a cute smile. When you give her some time you see her positives outweigh her negatives. You find that she is indeed everything you have been looking for.

From a distance you would have never given her a second glance. But now you are head over heels in love.

Dude, don't let that girl get away.
Her name is Grado
580smile.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawdog
What if you met a woman? Not beautifull by society's standards, not really ugly .

Her name is Grado
580smile.gif

Apparently this is not a website for audio enthusiests who like headphones, but rather for those who fetishize headphones
basshead.gif

wink.gif

They're ugly headphones with awful build quality and could probably all of them SR-225 and up be made for under $20 a pop not counting the drivers (probably more for the SR-325i, in fact, since I bet the aluminum is more expensive to tool than the inexpensive wood used!), but they do sound nice for some music. I like mine just fine.

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

What if you met a woman? Not beautifull by society's standards, not really ugly . Just plain, even odd looking

You strike up a conversation with her maybe while standing in line at the DMV . The first thing you notice is she has a voice like an angel. Then you notice she has substance and depth as a person.

You ever notice how her look starts to change in your mind. You start looking at the positive things about how she looks. Suddenly you notice she has pretty eyes, maybe nice silky skin or a cute smile. When you give her some time you see her positives outweigh her negatives. You find that she is indeed everything you have been looking for.

From a distance you would have never given her a second glance. But now you are head over heels in love.

Her name is Grado
580smile.gif

I'm tearing up. Please tell us more about the woman.

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Her name is Grado
580smile.gif

did that happen to you in the DMV?
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

I'm tearing up. Please tell us more about the woman.

Well, It turns out that she was just a girl who could never be enough for you. You soon find out that there are others like her only fancier and more demanding of your time and money.

They have different looks. Although still odd, but strangley more beautifull. Her sisters, 225 Grado and 325 Grado, her cousins RS1 & RS2 Grado. They flirt with you. Every time you go to the DMV someone there will be talking about them. How wonderfull they are, how refined they are.

You know someday you will forsake your first Grado girl for another. You also know that she will always be your first love.
Meanwile you continue to visit the DMV often. Just observing,
watching knowing that there are more astethically pleasing girls available. Also knowing that these girls outside the Grado family have something missing on the inside that you need. Something that seems to only be provided by the Grado girls. You would never say anything. You just know inside your head. You know something special. And you just smile.

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #52 of 55
whenever i go out in public i get plenty of satres. also, they do look like what an older headphone would look like. in any case aesthetics are important to me, even if no one sees, this is why i made sure my computer speakers are back-to match my computer and why i like the HD650's paint job-it matches my desk. in any case, grado's don't look bad with some outfits and some girls look good in them, but for the most part they are goofy looking. I think a good MS-2 would look perfect right next to my HD650, but that's in the future-my point is that some grado will always look great when around tech things, but around clothing they has requirements as to what they need to look acceptable.

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #53 of 55
Damned funny thing, yesterday my MS2s came in the mail to my office. I ended up wearing them around outside when I went to lunch, because they sounded awesome. I'm standing in line at Cosi (it's a sandwich chain in NYC, maybe elsewhere too). The guy at the register complimented the MS2s right away! He said "Those are really cool looking headphones, what are they?"

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Damned funny thing, yesterday my MS2s came in the mail to my office. I ended up wearing them around outside when I went to lunch, because they sounded awesome. I'm standing in line at Cosi (it's a sandwich chain in NYC, maybe elsewhere too). The guy at the register complimented the MS2s right away! He said "Those are really cool looking headphones, what are they?"

Only in NY!

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #55 of 55
I find myself just staring at my RS-2's on my desk. They are the sexiest looking phones I've ever owned IMO.

Most of the guys at work give me crap about them though. "Why do you have wooden headphones?" "There is a new invention called plastic, havent you seen the commercials?" etc...

They dont know what that are missing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Grados are beauty to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back