Grado GS1000i Dimensions?
Jun 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

VictorHalgaard

WARNING: BAD TRADER
Also known as HeadphoneViking.
Hi there, I'm about to have my first real high end headphone handmade. Its driver is a RS1 but i want it to look like a GS/PS1000i shape-wise but neither i or the guy who will make them knows the dimensions of their cups. Could anyone please try measure your PS/GS1000i and post the measurements here? :)

Cheers from the North:
Victor Halgaard

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Well, a GS1000 most likely uses the RS-1 driver (nobody knows for sure), so it should sound similar. Sorry I don't know the dimensions, but it sounds like an interesting project! What material do you plan to have the cups made out of?

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 7
Gaboon Ebony with a thin veneer of Bloodwood on the outer ring. The gimbals and rodblocks will be made of bloodwood aswell and ofcourse black leather headband - so a blend of black and red materials :)
I ended up choosing modded sr325i drivers instead for a more "agressive" signature.

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 7
What happened to the denon project?

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 7
It got postponed because Martin doesn't have a CNC machine to do the engraving i want on the cups until fall, and these will look sooooo much sweeter! :p

Please, someone post the dimensions! Anything will probably do: GS or PS1000i or the Aluminum cups by Jaben, jusy to have an idea...

Jul 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #7 of 7
Send JamesMcProgger a PM as he has Jaben cups - maybe he can help you out. Bilavideo also had PS1000 in the past and surely he has took his measurements.

If you're going forward with this I definetly want to follow it up. PS1000 cups with wood inners and Marty's savoir faire should turn out the ultimate Grado mod
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back