Grado GS1000--first impressions not so good
Sep 7, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #136 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the GS1K was the most amazing smelling can I've ever smelled. Am I crazy here? I mean they smelled lovely. Somebody back me up?
tongue.gif

Yeah they smell great
tongue.gif
. Also, the GS1000s do have a brightness to them for sure, but I like the way they sound
smily_headphones1.gif
. I especially liked them with the bowls vs the big comfies. It a fun can IMO.

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #137 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't help it. To me it's a fact that GS1000 has ****** bass performance when to you it's a fact that they have good bass performance.

I spoke specifically of bass speed and definition, not "goodness", which could mean 5 different things to 5 different people. Stay on topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can compare them with RS-1, RS-2 or PS-1. They all have MUCH better bass performance to my ears. In quantity they all lose but the bass is in much better balance with the overall sound. Also the speed and accuracy are far better. PS-1 comes very close in quantity also but still the bass isn't running over the other sounds. Midrange and highs are still there with no harshness or sibilance.

That's a lovely fantasy, but you've just repeated the same thing you said previously in this thread. Have you considered perhaps trying an argument other than "it's my opinion, ner ner ner"? Have you considered perhaps supporting your argument using one of the dozens of comparisons on this site?

Just to recap - so far you've said that the HD650, RS-1 and RS-2 ALL have MUCH faster/more defined bass than the GS1000. Show me some credible comparisons on this site that share that opinion.

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #138 of 156
this thread is starting to degenerate. maybe threads should be limited to five pages. after that, they tend to be no longer useful or informative.

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #139 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this thread is starting to degenerate. maybe threads should be limited to five pages. after that, they tend to be no longer useful or informative.

It's going to be more than 20 pages if we can bring Patrick82 into the game.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #141 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one or have you guys noticed the break-in creep phenomonon too?

Back in the good 'ol days headphone break-in took about, oh, a night of continuous playing. Along came some amps with unnecessarily large capacitors and people started arbitrarily throwing out 100, 200, 300 hours for break in time as if this was an ebay auction. Then the ridiculously long break-in period somehow creeped into the headphone forums and now if you want your headphone to appear more bad-ass than another brand/model of headphone, simply claim a higher 'required' break-in period and your headphone is suddenly awesome. I think this is a load of BS and it gives people false hope and confuses the heck out of all the new people.

By the way, a week of continuous playing is 168 hours. That's day and night, nonstop, for a week. 400? C'mon.

You nailed it. Notice that nobody challenged you on this either. That's how you spot the truth on Head-Fi.

Good work.

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #142 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He listens to ERS paper, not headphones.

hey. don't knock it, til you tried it.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #143 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You nailed it. Notice that nobody challenged you on this either. That's how you spot the truth on Head-Fi.

Good work.

3 posts down I challenged it. Does that mean it's no longer true?

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #144 of 156
Quote:

Good work.

In five years, typical burn-in time for a pair of high end phones will take longer then an average human's lifespan. Sure, the purchaser won't get to reap the rewards, but his grandchildren will thank him for the tight bass and relaxed treble extension.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #145 of 156
Granted I may not have "Golden" ears but I just dont hear the sibillance. The RS-2 doesnt compare to the GS1k in any way.

GS1k does it all right. Listen to the GSk long enough then switch to RS youll hear what I mean.

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #147 of 156
Quote:

Good work.

I kinda have to agree. Out of the box, the treble on my pair was a bit harsh. Next day, they sounded just like they do now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is GS1000 a phone not to be critised?

Of course you can criticise GS1000 but always expect a selected few to passionately defend their cans. It's the exact same thing with other cans. If you start flaming the K701, the enthusiasts of thoes cans will surely pop up to fight back. Most recently we've had the HD600 vs. HD650 discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey. don't knock it, til you tried it.
tongue.gif

I guess. But look at it this way: I'm a semi-headphone burn in believer (takes a day or two, not a month of two). I'm not a capacitor burn in believer. I'm not a powercord believer and I'm most definately not a conductor (cable) burn in believer. I've tried all of it but with results that aren't even remotely close to what some have described.

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #148 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is GS1000 a phone not to be critised?

Of course you allowed to criticize the GS1000.
But expect fanboys to show up protecting their reputation, and telling you they are the "real" deal.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #149 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course you allowed to criticize the GS1000.
But expect fanboys to show up protecting their reputation, and telling you they are the "real" deal.
tongue.gif

I have learnt to have an open mind. I have seen folks in head fi critising my favourite phones but i won't bother to defend. I just simply thought that different people have different expectation , taste and mind. I don't like to see any 'andrea' in head fi but unfortunately they still exist. 2 years back when i got a hd595 which i prefered to HD650, this andrea kept quoting my comment and reminding me of hd650's superiority. In 2006, i got myself a hd650 and sold them because no matter how long i listen to them , i still dislike them. If anyone says GS1000 sucks , just let him be. Why on earth people have to waste energy and time to prove him wrong or use the 'burn in concept' to explain his dislikeness on the headphone. Have you ever wondered when anyone states that any headphone doesn't suit his taste is just being 'politically correct' but in his heart he feels that the headphone sucks?

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #150 of 156
Ok GS1000 is a very picky headphones. Have anyone tried to pair GS1000 with iMOD and Hornet? I find them to have a good synergy with GS1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back