Grado GS 1000 in pieces !
Nov 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingmishy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh-oh. I just sent my HF2 for repair. I wonder when I'll get it back
frown.gif

Good luck to you. Hope you receive it soon.

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #33 of 57
Just wonder about percentage of the broken Grado's v.s. total production / sale of particular year.

I do like Grado as well, but not that much after PS1000 EU price tag came out
ksc75smile.gif

ps Never had any issues with my GS1000.

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is a common problem

used to have it with my Alessandro last time

But the retail shop that i brought it from have spare parts and it can be replace very easily in minutes

x10.

Break down is common for them even when it new. Those who own Grado just need to get use to their culture. Take it or leave it.

I never have issue with their sound. They do make very good sounding headphone. Just their QC and customer service is a question.

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Grado should make you their spokesman. So a little treats to the community is enough to cover their quality control problem that most have live with?

Don't put words into my mouth, I never said they're involment with the community should substitute they're quality. I acknowledged that grados have a quality problem on the first page. My reply was aimed at your belief that they just care about our money and nothing else.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #36 of 57
The people who said this is unnacceptable for a headphone costing $1000 are absolutely right. I mean a thousand dollars ... even if their customer service and repairs are excellent, you should never have a thousand dollar headphone fall apart in the first place! I guess many of you don't mind sending in your headphones for weeks at a time to be repaired ... I wish my I had enough money and time to be lacadaisical about things like that. I don't really care if they do free warranty repairs, the point is there shouldn't be a need for them in the first place! I guess my opinion doensn't really matter cause I can't afford a GS1000 or PS1000 anyway ... like they say if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it
confused_face.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Break down is common for them even when it new. Those who own Grado just need to get use to their culture. Take it or leave it.

I, for example, will never buy Grado headphones due to quality issues, even if they sounded extremely well (for me they don't). I ignore companies that show such disrespect of their customers. It seems to me that if they cannot provide appropriate QC at their prices (keep in mind that these are much higher in EU comparing to US), they are too greedy and do not care about customers.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't put words into my mouth, I never said they're involment with the community should substitute they're quality. I acknowledged that grados have a quality problem on the first page. My reply was aimed at your belief that they just care about our money and nothing else.

Sorry, my bad. Talking about Grado make me piss, causing leap in my reading.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ps Never had any issues with my GS1000.

Me neither and I've had them since they first came out. Never had issues with my RS-1 either which I owned for years also.

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #40 of 57
The community has to be aware of the fact that it does work (for three days at least) : one drop of "Loctite Control Gel premium Super glue" (a no mess , pinpoint accuracy , no-drip application) and you get back a like new GS1000 !
gs1000.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[...] I don't want to be unfair with this company,i don't have much experience with grados...but i think grado headphones are very overpriced.

Try the SR60s for $70USD.
The RS1 and GS1000 may be overpriced, but they're definitely not representative of the Grados that most people (which means people NOT on Head-Fi) tend to buy.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by az2123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the SR60s for $70USD.
The RS1 and GS1000 may be overpriced, but they're definitely not representative of the Grados that most people (which means people NOT on Head-Fi) tend to buy.

I've tried the sr 60.They are good,although i still prefer my koss ksc 75,out of my portable and out of my amp.But it's just my personal preference i guess here.

The sr 60 are good,they didn't dissapoint me,I had them for a day to test them sometime ago,a friend gave them to me to try them.

I also believe that rs1 are good,but not at this price.But i tried them only for a few minutes,and to come to some conclusions,you have to try headphones out of different gear and for not only for a few minutes at a meet or at a shop...

But the gs 1000 sounded really off,it was like the people who designed this headphone have hearing problem in the high frequenses.It was one of the worst headphones experience i had till now.I'm prety sure that something went wrong when i tried them,there is no way a headphone that costs 1500 euro to sound like this.

But i say again,that maybe it's a burn in issue,and synergy between the audio components...?

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #43 of 57
For me the repair from France cost me more 150 $ !
and after one month, new troubles...
So, Glue is your best friend for Grado GS 1000.
If they aren't able to make 'handmade' good products, please don't do it, waste of time, energie and monaie.
No trouble quality with SR 60 and 80 if only GS 1000 could be made like that, it' ll cost less and sound as great as theire "hand made".
Maybe it's Foot Made.
Poor world, more you pay,more you loose.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #44 of 57
Let's see now, I've owned Alessandro MS Pro, Grado 325, RS-2 and had no problems thru the time I sold them. Now/still own 2x RS-1, and 2x HF-2.....and, golly - still no problems. Either I'm doing something "wrong" - or many of you folks are blowing things out of proportion. BTW - I live in NYC and have not had the inclination to visit or even call Grado about anything.....

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #45 of 57
BushGuy,
you are a luky man.
If i had same expérience, i ll think like you, but it's not the case.
I love Grado sound and my GS 1000 is my best Headphone, but all this troubles aren't Normal on a such Product.
even if we concidere that's it' s could happen, the minimum is to purpose a great after service and to change the default headphone with a new one without discuss and without tax monnaie.
At this price is the minimum, we can expecte.
Maybe it's just a problem cause by their world distributors politics, but great firm must have great service.
Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back