GRADO GH2 - IMPRESSIONS
Sep 3, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #46 of 130
Ah, going through Moon might be the way to go. I purchased the GH2 through them as well as a Silver Dragon 4 pin balanced cable for the Elear. Im also becoming more and more impressed with the GH2s sound, it takes a bit to really get the Grado sound, Im not a basshead so the Grado sounded Right, tonality, balanced, real sounding. Do you have other cans besides Grados? Im just not sure if your used to the Grados, the Elear might seem a bit dark. I have been A/B comparing them with the Shure 1840 for three days now. Easy having the GH2 with single plug and the other two with balanced. Sound sigs are sooo different, neither bad just different. I thought the 1840 was detailed when i first got it, Now in detail it is in third place easily, then Elear a very close second to the GH2. I do have g cush and ttjv deluxe flats on order. Thanks for the advice and input, much appreciated. Ill post impressions after i get them.

Sorry for my late reply on this.

I don't have any other cans besides the Grados. I tried the LCD-2, various Senns, Beyers, and while some of them did perform better than the Grados, they weigh more than I would like. The LCD-2 that I tried had better soundstage than my Grados, but the low-end at times was just hitting me non-stop back and forth.

The Elear is still on my maybe to buy list. I just don't think it will do it for me since I'm too used to the wonderful Grado Mid-Range.

After using my GH2 for a few months, I highly recommend get some G-Pads for the GH2. You don't lose too much when changing out pads, and you get a little more soundstage when using G-Pads. The highs are rolled off a bit (not too bright), the mid-range is wonderful but lost a little energy when changing from L-Pads to G-Pads, and the low-end is one of the best low-end responses I heard from a Grado. Still highly recommended to get a GH2 if you like the Grado sound but want a more low-end response.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #47 of 130
I ordered some ttjv deluxe flats as well, cant wait to try these out, hopefully I'll have them by Thursday. Still burning GH 2 s in. They are definitely improving. Wasn't too sure about the burn in thing on these, but ive been an audiophile a loong time and these are definitely smoother, without losing details, bass is fuller, these are small but perceptible details. Im burning in by playing music on 2 hrs off two hrs throughout the day. I get now why Grado has such a large and faithful following.

Just curious: what do you think of the ttvj deluxe flat pads and gh2? I love this combo. I find that playing at a relatively low volume, I really get "close" to the music. To my ears, the g pads are fine, but sometimes tends to "dilute" the sounds. However, with for example the gs2000e, the g pads are superb.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #48 of 130

I started breaking mine in earlier this week but they did sound good out of the box. I will update as I put some time in and acclimate. Beautiful wood and no two alike, that adds to the Limited aspect of this new model. There were approximately 1200 or so GH1's produced and there is only what a dealer might have on his shelf left but they are hard to find.

Check out the new GH2 out and decide if you can't live without them before you get shut out .

So far good bottom end, smooth and transparent mids and highs and an indication that this well could be a Grado to try for those that don't lean in that direction usually, more to come.

The Band Wagon has begun, get on board.
Just curious: what do you think of the ttvj deluxe flat pads and gh2? I love this combo. I find that playing at a relatively low volume, I really get "close" to the music. To my ears, the g pads are fine, but sometimes tends to "dilute" the sounds. However, with for example the gs2000e, the g pads are superb.

Oct 14, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #49 of 130
I haven't tried Todd's but I do have a few pairs of original Grado flats, will give it a whirl over the weekend and post my thoughts.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #50 of 130
Hello, buy the gh2 grade, I am very happy with them, my source is a dx200 and I am thinking if I would gain some more impact with some amplifier, I would appreciate advice, thanks.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #51 of 130
Just go these from another member of head-fi today. These are my first ever set of Grado's. So I'm trying to get a feel for the "Grado" sound. The GH2's have very good bass tone and presence, but not a lot of sub-bass depth or impact. The mids are forward and smooth and the treble is detailed and clear while not being harsh. So far I've tired them with the Mojo but I didn't like what I was hearing with this pairing. Next, I tried them with my iDSD BL and everything came together with this headphone. I turned on the XBass+ and wow does the added bass work well with the GH2's. The XBass+ adds some sub-bass presence and makes the headphone sound fuller. The added sub-bass really seems to balance out this headphone to my ears. So far I'm liking what I'm hearing. One other thing to note is my short listening session with the GH2's is that these are very revealing headphones. If the songs are not mixed well the GH2's are not forgiving at all.

Grado GH2.jpg

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #53 of 130
Apr 19, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #56 of 130
I didn’t wish to go into tubes and have just bought the graham solo ultra linear diamond edition. Wonderful combination with gh2 and flat pads.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #59 of 130
[QUOTE = "tiobilli, post: 14644352, membro: 273096"] Non ho sentito differenze tra quelle e quelle di sr60e. Ho orecchie di plastica? [/ QUOTE]

orecchie di plastica o fonte di bassa qualità : Ksc75smile:

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #60 of 130
Did anyone here upgrade from the Grado SR80i to the GH2? I'm curious how much of a significant upgrade there is. I spent quite a lot of money on modding my Grado SR80i (cocobolo wood shells, 3 "bass/vent holes", felt material to tame highs, genuine leather headband, and TTVJ flat pads) and already love the sound. I am still curious how the GH2 would sound and if it would be a significant upgrade from my modded SR80i's. It'd be great if anyone could chime in, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back