GRADO GH2 - IMPRESSIONS
Apr 17, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #76 of 130
I love my GH2's hard!
They lost top spot in my collection when I got my Beyer T5p.2's and started using balanced out on my Sony DAP. That DAMN fixed cable.

Then I got a Burson amp and it went back on top. I bought some knock off G-cushions and put those on for complete comfort.

I LOVE my GH2's!:gs1000smile:

Shane D

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #78 of 130
I am about ready to list my pristine pair of GH2 s for sale. If anyone is looking for a pair of these classic headphones, drop me a pm.

No longer happy with them? Or, have they been supplanted by a better Grado?

Shane D

Apr 18, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #79 of 130
I really like them alot. I got enamoured by the bass of the GH1 and I decided to try to gather together all of the GH models just to see how each one sounded. They all sound superb but my ears do not differentiate that much difference between a GH 1, 2 or 4. So I decided to sell two of the three.

I will always have one GH series headphone in my collection.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #80 of 130
I really like them alot. I got enamoured by the bass of the GH1 and I decided to try to gather together all of the GH models just to see how each one sounded. They all sound superb but my ears do not differentiate that much difference between a GH 1, 2 or 4. So I decided to sell two of the three.

I will always have one GH series headphone in my collection.
I‘ve „learned“ that the best is the GH2....!?

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #81 of 130
I‘ve „learned“ that the best is the GH2....!?

That is an individual preference that is based on their ears and how they amp their GH headphone, imo. If you go on looks alone the GH2 in cocobolo wood is the winner.I

Up until a week ago I thought that a hybrid amp got the best performance out of my GH s. I put an old Slee Solo solid state amp in the chain with a Schiit SYS and I like what it does for the 1,2 and 4!

Apr 18, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #82 of 130
That is an individual preference that is based on their ears and how they amp their GH headphone, imo. If you go on looks alone the GH2 in cocobolo wood is the winner.I

Up until a week ago I thought that a hybrid amp got the best performance out of my GH s. I put an old Slee Solo solid state amp in the chain with a Schiit SYS and I like what it does for the 1,2 and 4!

I just got a little hybrid amp, but the GH2's are stuck to my Burson Fun. I can't imagine them ever parting ways.:gs1000smile:

The new amp sounds good with my Beyer's, but is still a work in progress.

Shane D

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #83 of 130
I have the GH1, GH2 with Silvian Beautiful Audio hybrid pads and GH3. They all sound extremely good with the following amps: Cavalli Liquid Carbon, Burson HA-160, Joseph Grado Signature HPA-1, ALO The PanAm with Passport battery,TEAC HA-501, ALO Continental v5, Violectric V200 and Mapletree Audio MAD EarHD. I have a few more that I think will also mate well including the Cavalli Massdrop CTH hybrid.

I should be getting a pair of GH4's to play with in the next week or so, will post impressions.

The Hybrid ear pads look great and are super comfortable and sonically work quite well with the GH2 as I mentioned in a previous post.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #84 of 130
I have the GH1, GH2 with Silvian Beautiful Audio hybrid pads and GH3. They all sound extremely good with the following amps: Cavalli Liquid Carbon, Burson HA-160, Joseph Grado Signature HPA-1, ALO The PanAm with Passport battery,TEAC HA-501, ALO Continental v5 and Violectric V200. I have a few more that I think will also mate well including the Cavalli Massdrop CTH hybrid.

I should be getting a pair of GH4's to play with in the next week or so, will post impressions.

The Hybrid ear pads look great and are super comfortable and sonically work quite well with the GH2 as I mentioned in a previous post.

Love your collection!!

Shane D

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #87 of 130
That's real far from his collection, to say the least. :)

I was just referring to the amp selection. For the first time ever I am a two amp guy. Reading his amp list was impressive. I can't imagine what I would do with that many amps.:grin:

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back