Grado GH-1 Discussion
Oct 30, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #976 of 1,091
I don't think the maple itself is changing color, I think it's the finish that changes colors.  I overhauled my Polk SDA speakers and re-did the veneer in maple, then I used tung oil to finish it.  The tung oil has turned a beautiful honey amber color.  But that's the oil, not the wood.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #979 of 1,091
Good choice for relaxing this evening.

GH1, the Artist or both?
Either way, yes it is a good choice.

beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #982 of 1,091
My GH1's got delivered today and I am very impressed right out of the box. Passed my Natalie Merchant, Holly Cole, Holly Williams, Alan Parsons and Colin Bass albums with flying colours.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #983 of 1,091
My GH1's got delivered today and I am very impressed right out of the box. Passed my Natalie Merchant, Holly Cole, Holly Williams, Alan Parsons and Colin Bass albums with flying colours.

Nice! And they just keep getting better with a little time on them, enjoy!

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #984 of 1,091
I've been listening with the L-cups for the past two nights and I have to say, I really missed the L cups. Sorry guys, no going back to G cups for me. I was wondering where this sound when.
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree, after listening to the G Cups for a long time, going back to L cups is like "huh....this is different".

Not sure which I like better, but there is a big difference in sound. L Cups definitely make me "feel" the sound more.

There is no denying G Cups are 110% more comfortable, and for long listening I would probably switch to G. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #985 of 1,091
I agree, after listening to the G Cups for a long time, going back to L cups is like "huh....this is different".

Not sure which I like better, but there is a big difference in sound. L Cups definitely make me "feel" the sound more.

There is no denying G Cups are 110% more comfortable, and for long listening I would probably switch to G. 
I have to agree with you on the comfort. I find myself switching back to the G cups out of pure comfort. Honestly though both cups sound very good. It's actually kind of fun switching back and forth to get a slightly different sound. It's like having two pairs headphones :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #988 of 1,091
Can someone who's owned the 325i compare it to the GH1? Wondering if there is a really noticeable improvement for 2x the price.

I run my 325i through an Audioengine D1 DAC/Amp.

I had the MS2i and GH1 but at different times so this is from memory... The GH1 has more bass and softer highs. It is more of a tonal change than anything. The GH1 has more bloom in the bass for better or worse depending on your tastes.

Personally I think the PS500e would be the better upgrade path as they have flatter mids and cleaner bass (same highs) than the GH1.

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #989 of 1,091
  Can someone who's owned the 325i compare it to the GH1? Wondering if there is a really noticeable improvement for 2x the price.
I run my 325i through an Audioengine D1 DAC/Amp.

I have the 325is/GH1 which I use G cushions and they are both excellent IMO/IME but are two entirely different HP's.
The GH1 is like having 2 pairs of HP's in one because they spun excellent with either the stock L cushions or the G cushions which ant be said for the majority of Grados. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #990 of 1,091
As I listened for a few weeks now I must say I like my grado gh1 a lot. I need to get G-Cushions because I can't use the stock pads very long. Are these really 80 bucks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back