Grado GH-1 Discussion
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #256 of 1,091

Maybe I should stop doing this humour thing, I mean if even my Buddy has trouble telling wich is wich, it's not fun anymore. 
redface.gif

John, I hope you're taking notes here, I'd take it down a notch or two, if I were you, you know, just to make sure that, no one gets left behind, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif

I already used up my humor chit for today, when @rfan8312 praised @joseph69 for admitting that he owns 5 pairs of Grados... I posted this picture without comment:

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #257 of 1,091
  As fellow Canadian, Murray Head would say, ''say it ain't so Joe, please, say it ain't so.....'' Joseph, please tell me that you were just pulling my chain, Buddy!
size]

I am VERY disapointed with you, young man! You are one of the people who know me best, therefore you should know that unless I start a phrase with ''Seriously though!'', It is possible that I might be kidding.

As usual I LMAO…it ain't so.
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #261 of 1,091
  Alright folks, I took the plunge and ordered me a set of GH-1 with G-Cush pads...it will be a bit before I get them though.

Congratz! I would suggest that you try to resist the urge to swap the earpads right away, this way, you'll be able to better appreciate the differences that the G-cush brings.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #262 of 1,091
Congratz! I would suggest that you try to resist the urge to swap the earpads right away, this way, you'll be able to better appreciate the differences that the G-cush brings.

I agree with Stacker to get familiar with the stock set up first even to suggest you fully break them in (minimum 100 hours) before doing any meaningful comparisons. Then I think you could better decide which set up is your preference, be sure to be open minded in your assessment. You may find that you prefer one set up to the other on certain types of music and be switching between them. I have already registered that my preference is as they come with the standard L cushion. I always have my PS1000e if I am looking for the more spatial presentation, an option that not everyone will have obviously. I do feel that the GH1 is the only Grado that was not designed around the G cushion that sounds good with them.

Enjoy the journey, they are great phones and owner's club will only be 1000 strong, once gone, they will be gone. Very glad I got mine. :xf_eek:

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #263 of 1,091
  I already used up my humor chit for today, when @rfan8312 praised @joseph69 for admitting that he owns 5 pairs of Grados... I posted this picture without comment:

Whoa. My wife would feed me to our dogs if I tried to build up a collection like that...if the bank manager didn't get there first anyway...awesome...

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #264 of 1,091
Whoa. My wife would feed me to our dogs if I tried to build up a collection like that...if the bank manager didn't get there first anyway...awesome...

I am funding my future headphone purchases by introducing a new line of headphones! These headphones are designed to look like anything but headphones, generally being designed with the appearance of some tool of diligence, such as exercise equipment, office implement, or garden tools. That way, when your headphone arrives, your mate praises you for your industry, pleased that you purchased a new pair of garden clippers to (presumably) enhance your yard work productivity.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #266 of 1,091
I've skimmed through the thread and decided these cans are what I want. However, I'm not exactly willing to spend $650 at the moment since I'm saving up for a Yggy. Since 1000 of these'll be on the market, I'm hopeful I'll run into someone selling theirs in the future.

Here's to hoping!

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #267 of 1,091
I've skimmed through the thread and decided these cans are what I want. However, I'm not exactly willing to spend $650 at the moment since I'm saving up for a Yggy. Since 1000 of these'll be on the market, I'm hopeful I'll run into someone selling theirs in the future.

Here's to hoping!

Hears to hoping for you also because IMO these are so good, I doubt anyone will be selling them especially for their price/performance ratio…and if they do they will be asking more money for them being they are a "Limited Edition".
Keep in mind, the Yggdrasil is not a "Limited Edition" so think about that. 
smile.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #268 of 1,091
Hears to hoping for you also because IMO these are so good, I doubt anyone will be selling them especially for their price/performance ratio…and if they do they will be asking more money for them being they are a "Limited Edition".
Keep in mind, the Yggdrasil is not a "Limited Edition" so think about that. :smile:

Anyone know order numbers like the crazy Cavalli Carbon fiasco? :p

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #270 of 1,091
  Do you mean how many GH-1's are left, or how many were produced?
If you mean production, 1000 units.

Anyone know how many Bushmills X were produced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back