Grado GH-1 Discussion
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #751 of 1,091
TTVJ (Todd The Vinyl Junkie) is still showing he has GH1's available. When I talked to Todd on 3/15 he had 4 pair left. Don't know how many he has now but his website says they are in-stock.

Mar 25, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #753 of 1,091
  Crutchfield is also sold out as well.

This is all well and good, but how many have been produced?

If Grado got a few thousand GH-1 out of that three, the limited edition satus doesn't add much to their value.

I mean, if you think about it, even the production of regular models eventually comes to an end.

For example, I don't know how many were made, but the classic RS1's production has stopped in 2008. I was willing to pay good money for a pair of n.o.s. RS1, even if it never had a limited edition status.

If the GH-1 would've been sold out within a few days, or weeks, we can assume that the demand would've far exeeded the supply, but it's been a while now, and they're still available,
so in my opinion, as great as they sound, the GH-1's limited edition status is pretty weak. 

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #754 of 1,091
I would also like to know how many were produced, but I don't think we'll ever know.
I also agree that the demand would be greater if they sold as quickly as the Bushmills, but the cost of the GH-1 was much more. I still believe once they're no longer available, they'll be in demand being how many people seem to love their SQ and not to mention they sound great with both the L/G cushions.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #755 of 1,091

This is all well and good, but how many have been produced?

If Grado got a few thousand GH-1 out of that three, the limited edition satus doesn't add much to their value.

I mean, if you think about it, even the production of regular models eventually comes to an end.

For example, I don't know how many were made, but the classic RS1's production has stopped in 2008. I was willing to pay good money for a pair of n.o.s. RS1, even if it never had a limited edition status.

If the GH-1 would've been sold out within a few days, or weeks, we can assume that the demand would've far exeeded the supply, but it's been a while now, and they're still available,
so in my opinion, as great as they sound, the GH-1's limited edition status is pretty weak. 

I for one would like to think this is small world. Perhaps only the folks in these Grado threads are the only ones buying them? I've yet to see or hear about the GH1 anywhere else.

Here's hoping that when this headphone has finally sold its last pair in production, Grado can finally give us an exact number.
cool.gif

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #756 of 1,091

I for one would like to think this is small world. Perhaps only the folks in these Grado threads are the only ones buying them? I've yet to see or hear about the GH1 anywhere else.

Here's hoping that when this headphone has finally sold its last pair in production, Grado can finally give us an exact number.
cool.gif

This would be nice.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #757 of 1,091
This would be nice.

Looking at the size of the tree(pic on website) and the amount of wood needed to make a set of cups. I would be very surprised if they made more than a thousand (definitely less than 2 thousand...in my view). Let's think about this for a second, after milling the tree into planks and quality control, I wonder how real good useable pieces they had left. Hopefully we'll find out one day.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #758 of 1,091
Looking at the size of the tree(pic on website) and the amount of wood needed to make a set of cups. I would be very surprised if they made more than a thousand (definitely less than 2 thousand...in my view). Let's think about this for a second, after milling the tree into planks and quality control, I wonder how real good useable pieces they had left. Hopefully we'll find out one day.

I would have guessed about 1000 pairs as well.
After their all sold out I ail ask Grado if they can tell me how many were produced.
IIRC, somebody might have already asked, and they may have said they weren't sure?

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #759 of 1,091
  I would have guessed about 1000 pairs as well.
After their all sold out I ail ask Grado if they can tell me how many were produced.
IIRC, somebody might have already asked, and they may have said they weren't sure?

The production must be over by now. In my opinion, since Grado has qualified their GH-1 as ''limited edition'', they should have the obligation to let their buyers know the total production number.

Grado has quality control?

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #760 of 1,091
  The production must be over by now. In my opinion, since Grado has qualified their GH-1 as ''limited edition'', they should have the obligation to let their buyers know the total production number.

I agree as well that we should know how many were produced being their a "Limited Edition"..its only right for those who own them like anything that is a "Limited Edition".

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #761 of 1,091

I agree as well that we should know how many were produced being their a "Limited Edition"..its only right for those who own them like anything that is a "Limited Edition".

Very true.  If they're going to sell something and label it as a limited edition, it's only fair to tell people just how limited they are.

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #762 of 1,091
Speaking of quality, is the cable inside the wooden cup suppose be loose? My cables slide up and down inside the cup a bit. I was wondering if this is normal. My other non-wooden Grados don't do that. Thx

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #763 of 1,091
Speaking of quality, is the cable inside the wooden cup suppose be loose? My cables slide up and down inside the cup a bit. I was wondering if this is normal. My other non-wooden Grados don't do that. Thx

As far as I know they should all move in/out a bit due to the cables inside the cups having tightly pulled tie-wraps around them so they can't be pulled from the solder joints.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #764 of 1,091
Originally Posted by krud484 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool.gif

For what reason? Why would anyone care, other than those who want to sell theirs for an immense profit, which would be shameful. Play music and enjoy them,...all the while knowing you have something special.

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #765 of 1,091
  For what reason? Why would anyone care, other than those who want to sell theirs for an immense profit, which would be shameful. Play music and enjoy them,...all the while knowing you have something special.

Just for the reason of being curious simply because it a "Limited Edition"…so it would be nice to know how "Limited" it is.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back