Grado e Series
May 6, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #4,742 of 6,729
Selling both ATM on the for sale thread. Both have their merits but I am sticking with the PS500e as my sole Grado. The treble is a little tamer and doesn't affect my ears as much. 
Very intresting but PS500e expensive in Germany 700 Euro( 790 Dollar), but this might be the way to go, I have only the GR10 by now, and I love them. Which music are you listening for the most part?

May 6, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #4,743 of 6,729
Right now I am comparing grado 60e vs 325i and I am surprised that 60e are more sibilant than 325i. 

May 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #4,744 of 6,729
Still cannot decide on 325e vs RS2e... I was able to test the 325e locally and liked them a lot, but cannot try the RS2e out.

The other point to my consideration is I have an old SR80 that I will be putting in cherry wood cups and planning on getting a turbelent labs headband.  Since that one will be all wood/brown leather, I'm thinking the 325e aluminum will be a nice contrast.

Decisions decisions...

May 6, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #4,745 of 6,729
  Still cannot decide on 325e vs RS2e... I was able to test the 325e locally and liked them a lot, but cannot try the RS2e out.

The other point to my consideration is I have an old SR80 that I will be putting in cherry wood cups and planning on getting a turbelent labs headband.  Since that one will be all wood/brown leather, I'm thinking the 325e aluminum will be a nice contrast.

Decisions decisions...

Based on head-fi feedback (and my own experience with the RS-2e) I'd say you can't go wrong with that decision :)  

May 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #4,746 of 6,729

Decisions decisions...

I'd also suggest considering the Alessandro MS2e. The MS2e is a 325e with proper dampening. I would say the MS2e gives 90% the dynamics of the 325e, but surpass the 325e when the music gets complex. I find the 325e driver diaphragms are will loose its composure with fast pace, complex music. The  MS2e keep its composure with the same music.

May 6, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,747 of 6,729

Decisions decisions...

I agree 100%, having ''a nice contrast'' is my no:1 criteria too, when I'm shopping for new audio equipement.

Trust me when I tell you, go with the SR325e, I just bought a pair of n.o.s RS1, and it was a pain in the arse, trying to find a matching belt, and tomorrow, I'm leaving for Holland, to try find a pair of matching wooden shoes. Wish me luck!. 

I'm kidding of course, I'm not going to Holland...I found some wooden shoes right here in Montréal.

Seriously though, I can't talk, I'm currently waiting for a dark color Grado RA1 amp, to match my RS1, and I'll be the first one to admit that although the RA1 sounds good, it's a little expensive, for what it is.

Good thing I'm not a woman, because I'd have to find a matching purse too.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #4,748 of 6,729

Trust me when I tell you, go with the SR325e, I just bought a pair of n.o.s RS1, and it was a pain in the arse, trying to find a matching belt, and tomorrow, I'm leaving for Holland, to try find a pair of matching wooden shoes. Wish me luck!.

Good thing I'm not a woman, because I'd have to find a matching purse too.
biggrin.gif

Kill 2 birds with two wooden racks.
o2smile.gif

May 7, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #4,749 of 6,729

:o2smile:

Where can you order these, want to get a pair for my Wife, they will make lovely Mothers Day Present!

May 7, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #4,755 of 6,729

o2smile.gif

Looks comfy, and they match the new GS1000e, too bad women aren't into high end headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back