Grado e Series
Apr 21, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #4,591 of 6,729
  Some of your favorites may be missing, but here is where we ended up: SR80e, SR325e, RS2e, PS500e, GS1000e (and GR8e & GR10e).

I personally would have kept the 225e in there, as it's one of the best values in Grado's lineup and a great stepping stone to the higher end models, but you did pretty well.  The RS2e and 325e in particular have gotten an incredible response on these forums.

Avoiding the RS1e was smart.  The protruding drivers created a lot of issues with comfort that caused early adopters to return it in droves, and the general sound is so off from the past RS1 models that I imagine many customers will be disappointed (like I was).  They just seem like they'd be a headache for a retailer to deal with. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #4,592 of 6,729
Review of the 325e:

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #4,593 of 6,729
The carry case is standard dude. I got SR225i/e and carry-case bundle, and mine is identical to yours.

Yes $300 bargain. I am thinking about them but I have to pay £280. (Lots more.)

Really is there wood inside? I don't know why but I got the impression ages ago there was wood, goodness knows why. I was then corrected there is not. Can you check that please? (The wood that you mention at about 2:30.) You might need to edit your vid.

I would like them in black too.

Nice getting a look at yours anyway.

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4,595 of 6,729
  borrego is that you reviewing the 325e?
I'm thinking its not you, but anyway, the 325 doesn't come in any different color other than Metallic Silver and the 325 does not have a hybrid air chamber (aluminum/wood) like the
PS-500/1000.

No, it's not me. Just sharing the link

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #4,596 of 6,729
Does anyone know here if there is difference in sound between RS2e with Brown headband and that with black headband?

What I know is that the sound of RS1e has been changed, what about other Grado Series? Are there also "modification" for other e-series?

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #4,597 of 6,729
  No, it's not me. Just sharing the link

Oh, good.

Does anyone know here if there is difference in sound between RS2e with Brown headband and that with black headband?
What I know is that the sound of RS1e has been changed, what about other Grado Series? Are there also "modificati0n" for other e-series?

There is no sound difference between the colors of the headbands…and yes, all of the (e) series carry a slightly different sound signature than the (i) series.
Have you been reading this thread???  
normal_smile .gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4,598 of 6,729
  Oh, good.

There is no sound difference between the colors of the headbands…and yes, all of the (e) series carry a slightly different sound signature than the (i) series.
Have you been reading this thread???  
normal_smile%20.gif

Hi joseph69,

yes, I have searched in this thread for RS2e, but nothing what I need has been found.

What I personally know is that there is sound difference between the colors of the headband in case of RS1e (drivers have been modificated!), this is why I would like to know if there is also difference for RS2e between the two colors of the headbands.

Cheers
Rodomo

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #4,600 of 6,729
The carry case is standard dude. I got SR225i/e and carry-case bundle, and mine is identical to yours.

Yes $300 bargain. I am thinking about them but I have to pay £280. (Lots more.)

Really there is wood inside, is there? I don't know why but I got the impression ages ago there was wood, goodness knows why. I was then corrected there is not. Can you check that please? (The wood that you mention at about 2:30.) You might need to edit your vid.

I would like them in black too.

Nice getting a look at yours anyway.

the retail price around here is 380 usd without carry case, if it's $420 for you with a carry case, that's practically almost the same.
Minimum wage here is $185 fyi so, UK is not the worse in terms of pricing.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #4,601 of 6,729
  Hi joseph69,
yes, I have searched in this thread for RS2e, but nothing what I need has been found.
What I personally know is that there is sound difference between the colors of the headband in case of RS1e (drivers have been modificated!), this is why I would like to know if there is also difference for RS2e between the two colors of the headbands.

Cheers
Rodomo

The RS1e is the RS1e from when the (e) series was first released…they were never revised, and this is confirmed by Grado
There is no sound difference between any of the RS1e's…some RS1e drivers seem to be a couple of mm more/less into the air chambers than others, but thats all. And that may even be a matter of QC being they are all put together by hand, so I wouldn't say the drivers are consistently placed in the air chambers exactly the same on every RS1e…I would say they vary, although they shouldn't vary. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #4,602 of 6,729
  The RS1e is the RS1e from when the (e) series was first released…they were never revised, and this is confirmed by Grado
There is no sound difference between any of the RS1e's…some RS1e drivers seem to be a couple of mm more/less into the air chambers than others, but thats all. And that may even be a matter of QC being they are all put together by hand, so I wouldn't say the drivers are consistently placed in the air chambers exactly the same on every RS1e…I would say they vary, although they shouldn't vary. 
beerchug.gif

I've said this before, but for new Storm Troopers that have recently join The Dark Side, here's what I think Grado should do to solve the RS1e problem. They could bring back the very popular RS1i, but keep the e's 12 conductor cable with the 1/4 connectors, and they could market them has RS1e-rev-1. They wouldn't even have to change the engraving on the earcups, as long as it would say RS1e-rev1 on the box itself, in order to prevent confusion.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #4,603 of 6,729
I heard the brown coloration in the headband allows the headphone to have better PRAT. 

(sorry guys, I couldn't resist...lol)

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #4,605 of 6,729

I've said this before, but for new Storm Troopers that have recently join The Dark Side, here's what I think Grado should do to solve the RS1e problem.

I think they should scrap the new bigger driver. Go back to the original sized driver, the i-driver. Then give it the e-treatment, just like the RS2e and all other phones got.

http://www.gradolabs.com/the-e-series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back