Grado e Series
Dec 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #2,598 of 6,729
I recently gave into temptation and bought a rs1e, I've only had them for a few days but I think they have ample treble and are very smooth sounding overall. The trick with these, as opposed to the previous model, is that they seem to be tuned to be used with more neutral sources in mind, maybe to compensate for the digital age. I initially tried them at the local store. With an ra1 and woo wa6 as per traditional grado preferences and found them as congested and mid rangey as all the reports here, no grado sparkle and no upper treble. The third time I auditioned them was with a very clean solid state amp, kind of what you would use with a hd650 and the result was a revelation, the sparkle was back, they sounded full, agile and glorious. Considering I use a Benckmark Dac at home which is clean, clinical and very solid state when I got them home the result was even better. They also benefitted hugely from about 10hrs of burn in. The bass is tight punchy and full but just a little bit non impacting but I suspect this will kick in after about 50 hrs as per my previous Grado experience. So my advice with these is to forget all you know about amping a Grado, treat them like you would amping a HD650 and enjoy. Yes they are different than the usual Grado and more forgiving but I suspect that Grado have done this to compensate for low bitrate files etc. they also sound brilliant straight out of an iPod, it lacks a little detail compared to the desktop setup for sure but the sound balance is spot on. My 2 cents...

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,606 of 6,729
  Topic !!??  

Isn't this thread about the Grado e series?

Yes, your on the right thread. 
I might be trying the GS1Ke's in the near future. I've tried the (i) series, but didn't care for it at all. But from reading some impressions on this thread, it sounds like the mids on the (e) aren't as recessed as they are on the (i), (which is why I didn't care for them), so I just may try them again.
You see, I told you your on the right thread. 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #2,607 of 6,729
  Yes, your on the right thread. 
I might be trying the GS1Ke's in the near future. I've tried the (i) series, but didn't care for it at all. But from reading some impressions on this thread, it sounds like the mids on the (e) aren't as recessed as they are on the (i), (which is why I didn't care for them), so I just may try them again.
You see, I told you your on the right thread. 
smile.gif

Thanks for the confirmation 
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #2,608 of 6,729
Alright ladies, let's get back to our topic. Any users out there who have tried the RS1E and 325E with Gs able to provide some comparisons?

Just in case my post got caught up in the scuffle. Anyone able to chime in?

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #2,609 of 6,729
How is it possible, that SR-80e is cheaper than SR-60e?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back