Grado e Series
Sep 20, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,876 of 6,729
Maybe take XLR8's advice and contact grado just for curiosity's sake. Although, Grado's responses are usually not very clear.:D

I predict their response will be, along the lines of:

A) yes, we put on serial numbers on our Sr325 headphones

B)No, we did no such thing

Btw, they do look in excellent condition

Haha, sounds very similar to their previous response about the barcodes! However, they did say they'd be willing to take a look at them for me, I just didn't fancy the wait and expense of sending them from the UK to the US.

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,877 of 6,729
I bought them used from ebay and other than the weird serial number issue they are in as new condition. The plastic next to where the serial numbers have been scratched off has still got that brand new high gloss sheen to it. I'm sending them back to the seller for a refund. He showed me a receipt from an authorised Grado dealer where he bought them but I'm sure intrigued as to the story behind them.

You should definitely send them back to the seller, and just get yourself a different 325 due to the serial# being tampered with... regardless if they are genuine or not. The 325's are a dime a dozen and you may find a NOS/NIB 325's (search high/low) for a very good discount being the (e) series are out. As I've said before, I picked up a NOS/NIB PS1K for $1210.00 delivered! You will then have a clear head about what you have, and the entire situation, and enjoy the headphones/music like you should.
Good luck with your outcome!
beerchug.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #1,879 of 6,729

Man, great description! You're making it very tempting!
damn you guys!
evil_smiley.gif

My next step was to get a previous version PS1000 (chrome) since they can be found used for less than $1100, but now I'm starting to consider the GS1000e.

I was still considering the GS1Ki which goes for around $650 used on average (very good condition), but not as much. I figure if i can swing it, I'd rather get the big dog (PS1K), and see for myself what it has to offer, but all this talk about the GS1Ke + the fact that the PS1K is said to be quite heavy have me reconsidering things a bit.

I'd doubt they are no heavier than an LCD-X or XC, but don't know for sure. What's a few extra ounce's anyway? I think you will like either headphone. My GS1000e makes even housework fun, imagine that!

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,880 of 6,729

I'd doubt they are no heavier than an LCD-X or XC, but don't know for sure. What's a few extra ounce's anyway? I think you will like either headphone. My GS1000e makes even housework fun, imagine that!

yeah, after some more thought, I'm sticking to getting the Ps1000. Now my only question is, is there a difference between the matte finish and Chrome finish Ps1000?

If not, I still feel like the chrome version would be more desirable in the used market and easier to sell if the time comes...

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #1,881 of 6,729

yeah, after some more thought, I'm sticking to getting the Ps1000. Now my only question is, is there a difference between the matte finish and Chrome finish Ps1000?

If not, I still feel like the chrome version would be more desirable in the used market and easier to sell if the time comes...

You will be treating that mad ear very well with the rs1  & ps1000 combo  
smile.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #1,882 of 6,729
Maybe take XLR8's advice and contact grado just for curiosity's sake. Although, Grado's responses are usually not very clear.:D

I predict their response will be, along the lines of:

A) yes, we put on serial numbers on our Sr325 headphones

B)No, we did no such thing

Btw, they do look in excellent condition

Hats off to Grado for getting back to me so quickly, especially at the weekend. But I did have to chortle a little bit at their response

"This is done to conceal their source"

:grinning:

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #1,883 of 6,729
  You will be treating that mad ear very well with the rs1  & ps1000 combo  
smile.gif

gs1000.gif

Hats off to Grado for getting back to me so quickly, especially at the weekend. But I did have to chortle a little bit at their response

"This is done to conceal their source"

:grinning:

ha! What!?
tongue.gif

gotta love 'em!
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,885 of 6,729
:gs1000smile:
ha! What!?:p

gotta love 'em!:D

You called it correctly!!:smiley:

Why?
Why would anyone want to conceal their source???

Exactly what I replied to them. I guess they think it's pointless speculating when they can examine them and establish the source. The only possibilities I can think of are:

1. They're stolen
2. They're a review sample
3. They're a demo pair

I'd sure as hell like to know though:unamused:

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,887 of 6,729
You called it correctly!!:smiley:
Exactly what I replied to them. I guess they think it's pointless speculating when they can examine them and establish the source. The only possibilities I can think of are:

1. They're stolen
2. They're a review sample
3. They're a demo pair

I'd sure as hell like to know though:unamused:

I not  in any way trying to make you feel bad, but I would say they have to be stolen being they din't want the source reviled.
I would return them to the seller and buy another pair and be done with this. As we all know serial #'s usually tell assembly/date/year/what distributer sold them (with most items) so why would one choose not to revile this info…because their probably stolen.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,888 of 6,729
I not  in any way trying to make you feel bad, but I would say they have to be stolen being they din't want the source reviled.
I would return them to the seller and buy another pair and be done with this. As we all know serial #'s usually tell assembly/date/year/what distributer sold them (with most items) so why would one choose not to revile this info…because their probably stolen.

It does seem the most logical conclusion. But then if this is the case surely removing the serial numbers just makes it obvious. It would be better to change the number making it still seem legit. That is why I wondered about the possibilty of the other options. I've had a refund and am returning them to the seller tomorrow.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,889 of 6,729
It does seem the most logical conclusion. But then if this is the case surely removing the serial numbers just makes it obvious. It would be better to change the number making it still seem legit. That is why I wondered about the possibilty of the other options. I've had a refund and am returning them to the seller tomorrow.

Good news.
Like I said, the 325's are a dime a dozen, and you can find a beautiful pair…I would look for a NOS/NIB pair first (if it is in your budget) if not, check Head-Fi F/S thread, AudioGon, eBay.
Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back