Grado e Series
Jun 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #121 of 6,729
Well...I decided to go with the PS500e.

Fingers crossed that I like them. I know they aren't the Grado of choice around here...but who knows if the new ones will make a better impression on the Head-Fi Grado Fans.

Great choice in my opinion 
beerchug.gif
 I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the PS500e.  Out of curiosity which Grado's have you listen to at this point?

Unfortunately, I have only owned the RS80e, so I won't be able to compare apples to apples.

What I can say is that the 80e sounded great. Vocals really shined on them but I felt like they were a little thin on bass. That said, I don't particularly like a lot of bass...I listen to mostly rock and some classic rock.

I recently auditioned the M50x and found them way too bass heavy for my likes...so that might give you a baseline.

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #128 of 6,729
I decided to cancel my order for the SR60e and order the SR80e instead. I've already owned the SR60i and loved it but I figured I should upgrade a tad bit. I spoke to 4oourears today and the nice woman on the phone said the 60e's and 80e's are shipping out today. Just a heads, for those who had their order on backorder. I can't wait :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #130 of 6,729
Unfortunately, I have only owned the RS80e, so I won't be able to compare apples to apples.

What I can say is that the 80e sounded great. Vocals really shined on them but I felt like they were a little thin on bass. That said, I don't particularly like a lot of bass...I listen to mostly rock and some classic rock.

I recently auditioned the M50x and found them way too bass heavy for my likes...so that might give you a baseline. 

I would be surprised if you found the PS500e too bass heavy.  When people say the PS500 is bass heavy they usually mean for a Grado it is.  But if you think it is to much then you could always exchange them for the RS1e within the 30 day allowance.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #131 of 6,729
Jun 17, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #132 of 6,729
Ultra lame.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend... potentially amusing fact, an anagram for "ultra lame" is "aural melt"...

Back to the topic at hand, for anyone that has received an "e" model, has Grado reset the serial numbers or carried on the sequence from the "i" series? What did they do when transitioning from the original models to the "i" series?

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #133 of 6,729
No offense taken.

No ears melting here unless I use T90.

Jun 18, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #134 of 6,729
Sorry, didn't mean to offend... potentially amusing fact, an anagram for "ultra lame" is "aural melt"...

Back to the topic at hand, for anyone that has received an "e" model, has Grado reset the serial numbers or carried on the sequence from the "i" series? What did they do when transitioning from the original models to the "i" series?

They continued the sequence of numbers from the "i" series, but added a "-" after the regular serial number then a new number for your "e" series.  So for example my PS500e serial number is 43**-6 meaning mine was the sixth one made in this series.

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #135 of 6,729
The SR225e is sounding more dynamic than the earlier model. I'm not sure it's for the better yet though. I took delivery of them today.
[size=small]I've got less than 5 hours on them so far and yet they sound light years above the burned-in MS1i's I just sold. [/size]

[size=small]I'm hoping the highs will subside soon and the low end will show up to the party. Considering the paradigm that the 325is went through I have full confidence that Grado has done well with the 'enhancement' of the entire line. [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back