Grado e Series
Jun 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #63 of 6,729
slitly off topic:  

I Heard that the EAR HP4 is considered as (one of) the best Headphone Amp for Grados ? is it correct ? Any other TOL Amp recommended ?

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #65 of 6,729
If the speaker is red then yes it is the new series.

Man I want a pair of GS1000e's so bad... Off topic but how do the GS1000's compare directly to the SR60's?

Umm - are you really sure you want to know?
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #66 of 6,729
I find it refreshing how quickly they're accelerating their R&D over there in Grado. Makes me want to try some of their new E series. Just waiting on Headroom to get some.

Been out of the game for awhile, is the 4yourears site Grado sales direct?

Welcome back and yes 4yourears is Grado's direct sales website, that's where I purchased mine from.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #68 of 6,729
hmm maybe the PS1000e will be good now.

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #69 of 6,729

Could you please name a few (other than 4ourears)?

I've been looking and haven't found any.

Headroom has a few but most models show as out-of-stock. They do have the 325E though, and that was one I was interested in, but mainly I want to see a review/impression of the GS1000E and/or the RS1E.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #70 of 6,729
  slitly off topic:  

I Heard that the EAR HP4 is considered as (one of) the best Headphone Amp for Grados ? is it correct ? Any other TOL Amp recommended ?

The MAD EAR+ has great synergy with Grados, IMO.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #71 of 6,729
guys save your time and brain. i was looking for headphone so i sat on computer straight soo many hours finally i had to go to hospital got sick fever couldnt sleep.
you wont be able to figure out which headphone is better unless u go urself to the store and test the headphones u want.
i tested grado sr60, sr60i, sr80i, sr225i swear to GOD could not find any difference in sound except u need amp for sr80i and a big ass cable for sr225i these al r soo freakin forward on ur face which i didnt like. so i went to guitar centre and bought ath m50x and ath m40X and thank GOD finally i liked ath m40X it was kinda balance sound and felt like SRH440 which i bought last year.
now i just orderd DJ100 from amazon for $42 and i wannacompare  this headphone with ath m40X .
moded my ksc75 last week with hd414 yellow pads and attached in some parts express headphone band found the sound of ksc75 kind of sr60 signature
orders my hd558 last week refurbished from adgroton amazon for $86 and found it to be overpriced ovverrrated for music but good for games and movies and because listening music through hd558 is like u wanna listen music through hometheatre instead ur top of the line home stereo system. found out sennheiser are too overpriced.
for the price koss portapro are better ksc75 really good for price. sr60 best for rock athm40X for all types for music and srh440 for all types for music but it doesnt have enought bass to your taste. 
please do not waste your money buying sennheiser pairs of headphones unless u wanna watch movies.
go urself to headphone store and test headphones urself. sitting here and checkingout different threads will make u sick and confuse.
buy different headphones from amazon at once and return the one u dont like. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #72 of 6,729

Headroom has a few but most models show as out-of-stock. They do have the 325E though, and that was one I was interested in, but mainly I want to see a review/impression of the GS1000E and/or the RS1E.

Yeah, I saw that last night while I was looking around, thanks.

And I also very much want to hear the RS1e.  This morning
I was listening to my RS1i, and thought to myself 
"just imagine if the RS1e is noticeably better than this"

wow

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #73 of 6,729
My PS500e showed up earlier than expected today, I thought they wouldn't be here till later this week, nice surprise.  At first I didn't even realize it was them just because the box was so much smaller than the traditional pizza box were used to.  Anyways I decided to just post some pictures for now then come back and give a review of them after some listening.

Any first impressions? I have the SR80e and only have a few days to return them. I was thinking about getting the 500e instead.

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #74 of 6,729
i had sr80 sr60 sr 225 but sr60 is the best it is best in responding very good sound mids r kind of upfront base is there if u try s pads yet it is comfortable.
i used sr60 with my 5.5 video ipod along with rockbox installed with wolfson dac and it did sound fantastic. without any amp.
BUT if ur planning to use any grado headfone with touch ot galaxy they wont work u will need amp.
using sr60 with touch will create harsh highs and u will be deaf sr80 wont have enough power.
sr60 sr80 both work great with sony walkman no need to have an amp.
go for sr60i will cost u $79 and buy fiio6 amp will sound great. if u buy fiio11 sr60 will blow anything below $300 away.
do not waste ur money on sr80i or 125 or sr225 they r all the same.
buy sr60 remove the sr60 logo and turn them into alessandro ms1

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #75 of 6,729
u can have cheap alternate as well . buy koss ksc75 , partsexpress headphone for $1.99 and hdd414 yellow pads put ksc75 drivers into hd414 pads and fix them into partsexpress headphone headband and believe me u will really have close alternate to sr60 in less than $20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back