Grado e Series
Feb 1, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #3,364 of 6,729
What did you guys conclude about the GS1000i vs GS1000e?

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #3,365 of 6,729

Are those Bushmills still available? I meant to look into those but completely got sidetracked. Was cool they had some celeb power helping with the marketing, too. Even though I can never remember that dude's name. 

They were only available through Turntablelab, and I'm pretty shure that someone would have posted a heads up if Grado would have made another batch.

I hope that they won't make another batch, after all, they did say that they were a limited edition.

If you do find some for sail at a decent price, my advice to you would be to snatch them fast. These things sound great, look great, they have a very good price vs performance ratio, and last, but not least, they should at least hold their value.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #3,367 of 6,729
  Yes, it does, and is for me at the desktop.
The LD-1+ is a great amp!

I went ahead and ordered the LD amp with the stock tubes.  Also ordered the Modi 2 Uber.

Now waiting for the fresh stock of 325e's to become available...
redface.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #3,368 of 6,729
  I went ahead and ordered the LD amp with the stock tubes.  Also ordered the Modi 2 Uber.

redface.gif

Great choice...love my Little Dot

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #3,369 of 6,729

redface.gif

Very nice, congratulations!
I'm sure you will enjoy what you hear!
I changed the stock tubes to Voskhod (if I recall correctly they were 6DJ8…not 100% sure, check the LD-1+ tube thread) and a Texas Instruments Burr Brown Op-Amp (2107) and had very nice results from these very inexpensive upgrades when I owned the LD-1+.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #3,373 of 6,729
  Very nice, congratulations!
I'm sure you will enjoy what you hear!
I changed the stock tubes to Voskhod (if I recall correctly they were 6DJ8…not 100% sure, check the LD-1+ tube thread) and a Texas Instruments Burr Brown Op-Amp (2107) and had very nice results from these very inexpensive upgrades when I owned the LD-1+.

Since it might be another week or so before 325e's start shipping again, I might just order a set of those Voskhods while I wait - they are very well reviewed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back