Grado e Series
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #6,721 of 6,729
Hello. 125e was my first Grado and you will enjoy it. I´m a cable believer so I pulled the trigger because the 125 cable is better.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #6,722 of 6,729
^^ First you must understand that you cannot use the Grados in public, as they leak like a sieve and isolate not at all. It that's still OK with you, I recommend the SR 60e, which is the most improved to my ears with the change from the i to e series. It's the best bang for the buck by far.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #6,723 of 6,729
^^ First you must understand that you cannot use the Grados in public, as they leak like a sieve and isolate not at all. It that's still OK with you, I recommend the SR 60e, which is the most improved to my ears with the change from the i to e series. It's the best bang for the buck by far.
If the Grado FC is to fight on something I'm sure it'll be which Grado is best b/b... Personally I'd take the SR80e (better for faster music), but then, you can't go wrong with any Grado.

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #6,724 of 6,729
For a metal fan 225e or 325e?

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #6,726 of 6,729
I've been listening for Grado sr225e for over a month now, and I'm super satisfied. I didn't feel stock L-cush to be really comfy so I went on and ordered some cheap G-cushion replicas from ebay. G-cush arrived almost month later, and they're really great sonically. I read from many reviews that G-cushions will pretty much ruin your sound on prestige Grados but these G-cush replicas didn't certainly do so. However they don't look the same as genuine G-cushions, but more like earzonk versions. Shallower cup which makes my ears touch inner foam slightly but they're still much more comfy than L-cushions which had my ears touching the plastic. But the sound, oh man my sr225e sound so nice with those G-cushions. I really had nothing to complain on sound with stock L-cushions so I was more afraid G-cush would indeed ruin the sound, but they really don't. Sound becomes simply huge, soundstage becomes wide and deep. You could really say that while you're on stage with band with L-cush, you move to crowd with G-cush. Sound signature itself doesn't change much but mids of course seem recessed slightly because soundstage is deeper. Some micro detail are not that apparent though but since Grados are so well detailed, I don't think I'm missing anything with G-cushions. Highs are about same, silky and nice. Bass seems to be actually punchier than with L-cush, very very nice. I wonder though how genuine G-cushion would sound on sr225e since they would probably be more comfy. However Grado sr225e with these G-cushions is highly addictive, huge yet very hifi sounding headphone. Sr225e is btw my first Grado headphone and I'm very impressed.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #6,727 of 6,729
I love my SR225e as well - only mod I did was reverse the supplied ear cushions, plus
I eq a slight bass boost...I listen at lower volumes and find that the overall balance of detail, tonality/ sonic weight, soundstage etc.
is so well done that the technology disappears and I’m immersed in the performance. I also have the GS1000i’s, which are superb yet the 225e’s are so light and efficient and i use them most of the time.

I’m curious among Grado lovers how many are lower volume listeners, as I feel generally Grado’s are optimized for low volume listening.

...enjoy your 225e’s, for me they are Classics!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #6,728 of 6,729
Recent owner of a 2019’ RS1e, loving them so far! I’m using G-Cush - much more comfortable than L.

C053E367-A1C8-4083-935C-C16E40373EF9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back