Grado DS2012
Dec 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

En_R

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.bornrich.com/dolce-gabbana-grado-labs-team-mahogany-wood-headphones.html

I know This hobby hit mainstream awhile ago, with most of the larger headphone companies creating marketing ploys to stay competitive and boost sales, however seeing this still gives me a wierd feeling.

The rational part of me says "meh, you know this is nothing to fret about. It's a marketing strategy, blame the economy".

My inner geek is outraged.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 7
Wonder if they're just a rebadged GS1000 i or they've actually changed them a bit. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 7
Wonder if they're just a rebadged GS1000 i or they've actually changed them a bit. 

No of course this sounds much better then those silly looking GS1000. How can you even call those flagship headphones? Skank! Look at you with your subpar cans, dressed like some cheap whore. No class at all.

No these are much more elegant, where's your taste? I'm personally wearing these during all my shows while I attend fashion week in Paris.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't care about D&G getting involved, it makes sense in the luxury market.  I care about Grado touting their "exquisite craftsmanship, extreme attention to design detail", etc.  There hasn't been a Grado like that since the HP1000's.  This is what companies do when they don't want to spend on R&D, they tread water and stagnate creatively and find ways to milk the most out of their already bone dry product line.  

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

As i've said in another post, the cable looks thinner than that of the ''i'' model

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Grado is an anachronism in the increasingly sophisticated world of headphone audio. Criticism of its house sound, design, build quality etc. can descend into bloodsport. The irony of seeing this dowdy family owned company re-badging their headphones for uber fashion icon Dolce & Gabbana is delicious.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back