Grado Customer Service
Oct 28, 2002 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

mlchang

100+ Head-Fier
I've called Grado a few times and left some messages and sent a few emails about trying to get my girlfriend's SR-60s repaired...but no response. Anyone know what's up? Is there another way to contact them? Is the World Series to riveting?

Thanks everyone.

Oct 28, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 38
I get fast email replies to irrelevant things from Grado. If you were just trying over the weekend, it's likely no one's there. Give it through Monday and I expect you'll get a reply.

kerely

Oct 28, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 38
I had excellent customer service from them. I recently sent an out of warranty RS-1 to them for repair. I had them back within a week of sending. The repair charge was reasonable for full replacement of the drivers and cables (probably easier and quicker than diagnosing the problem), and they sent the invoice back with the headphones (didn't wait for payment before getting the cans back to me). I like that kind of rapid service, and got my check off to them quickly.

Oct 28, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 38
Does the warranty cover worldwide or jsut America ??

I'm near to buying a SR-60 or SR-80, but it's hard to find supports around here
frown.gif

I'm in Malaysia btw..

Oct 28, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 38
Well, that's why I asked...I had always gotten fast responses from them in the past, so I thought maybe they were off doing something. I did not try to contact them over the weekend. I'll just try again.

Oct 28, 2002 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 38
They suck mammoth testicles. I sent a perfectly reasonable request for different types of earpads and they never replied beyond those automatic replies. Twice. I get replies on the same day from Sennheiser and within 3 days from Audio Technica.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 38
Interesting. I have a 4 year old pair of SR-60's and the minijack connector was cutting out the audio. I e-mailed them and they said that they would fix them for free. They should have gotten them a week ago today so I can't say how they are in terms of speed. But they got back to my e-mail quickly and I was surprised that they would service the problem for free.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 38
ssblood, Quote:

2 weeks to repair my headphones seems a bit unreasonable

Two weeks is more than reasonable. 5 weeks, without a response, is the threshold. Give them time to respond. If you have not heard from them after 5 weeks, then contact them again. How would you run a business?

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #10 of 38
I still haven't received a response from them after at least 3 weeks for some replacement bowl pads.

I'm going to just email them again. In general, I've found their email responses to be slow, but I'm glad to hear their repairs are top notch.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #11 of 38
I called to check if they had recieved them, I'm only this impatiant because all I have right now is a pair of MX500 and they annoy the hell out of me
frown.gif
I'm just used to places having a 2 or 3 day turn around:|

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #12 of 38
Does Grado offer a phone number to call to get personalized service for those who live in the states? I ask as some companies are horrible with support and questions done via email, and will answer a phone and respond within seconds. Weird. Try using Yahoo!, they don't even give you a phone number OR email to contact if you have problems. And I'm paying $25 /year to have the pleasure of email forwarding and POP3 access.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 38
That's what happens when you're on a dial-up connection from overseas - people post while you're composing, and answer your questions before you can ask them. Thanks ssblood. I'm sure that's reassuring for lots of people who are now curious about Grado's customer service.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 38
Grado labs Phone # 1-718-435-5340 m-fr 9am-5pm est
You can call during the week,grado responded every time I contacted them and sent out What I ordered right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back