Grado case suggestion!
Feb 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

zelak

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a nice carrying case for my Grados. I have the protective bag from GoodCans.com but it's not sufficient for me.

I spent two and half hours scouring military/police/tactical website for a padded utility pouch that would fit the Grados. I found two beautiful, padded binocular pouches that are just the right size. Problem is, at ~$25-31, they're a bit too pricey for me at the moment. But I thought others might be interested. If you decide to purchase one, please post a review! With pics!

Eagle Industries Hybrid Sniper Rifle Carrier-Binocular Pouch
Available in olive (shown), khaki, camouflage, and black.
Dimensions: 7 3/4" x 8 1/4" x 3", padded with 1/4" closed cell foam.

Ez73C.jpg

Available here, $31.

BlackHawk Tactical Binoculars Pouch
Dims: 7.75" x 8.25" x 3", padded with 3/8 inch closed cell foam.

yKTQR.jpg

Available here. $25 - 10% coupon "stimulus" = $22.5.

Both manufacturers (Eagle and BlackHawk) are top-notch, so these should be high quality.

(I'm not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or retailers -- just a poor grad student
biggrin.gif
).

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 13
may have to get 1 of those

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 13
What's wrong with the official Grado ones?

grado-headphone-case.jpg

They cost about £15 here in the UK and can store extra pads. I've got a new one (for old Grado 125s and they fit perfectly). Very slick.

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 13
Nice cases. The ebay ones work great from what I have heard as well. I think they were designed for portable CD players...remember those? : )

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 13
Yes I also have a couple of those - and no i dont have pics of the insides (as I dont have a proper camera in my possession, only my mobile phone at the moment).

Construction is pretty good. Its padded, and inside there are 2 compartments, the smaller one on the side of the bag could be used, e.g. to store the headphone's cable. Fits the ath-w5000, only just.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact, has anyone tried these before? How is the construction and what does the inside look like? Pics would be highly appreciated!

Headphone Bag Anti impact for Sennheiser HD & AKG K701 - eBay (item 110490925254 end time Mar-07-10 23:54:27 PST)

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gknix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning to fit my Ms-1000 in them. They should fit I suppose. Good to know they are quite well made. I travel on the plane quite a bit and I like to bring these with me wherever I go! As long as the phones don't get crushed and destroyed in suitcases with clothes padded above and below...I'm happy!

that case appears much too big for grados, although I admit I have never tried putting my hf2s in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back