Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Jul 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #647 of 771
I love my Bushmills X, I tried all the pads, and ended up preferring the L-cush.

In a way, it's too bad that  they're a limited edition, because I think that they represent great value, and when you think about it, they're the least expensive woodies that Grado ever produced.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #648 of 771
I wasn't aware that they were making more... I wonder if this round has the new "e" series tweaks implemented into them.

For those who've tried the G Cush pads, have you tried (or are you willing to try) out the Ear Zonk G Cush and compare? I find the material super comfy, and sound almost as good as the L Cush. But the L Cush made by Ear Zonk sounded quite poor.

Not sure I'm willing to drop the $45 on true G Cush pads.

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #652 of 771
I'm wondering the same thing, I don't know why they are being so secretive about the total production number. What do they have to lose, am I missing something here?.

In a weird way I feel bad that some people who would like to hear them, will never get the chance to.

I absolutely love the Bushmills, I think that they have one of the most favorable price vs performance ratio, of any Grados. I even prefer them to the RS1i and that's regardless of price, that is saying a lot.

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #653 of 771
I am actually searching for a pair of Bushmills at the moment, someone messaged me saying they had a pair for sale, and they used your picture Stacker45. So I realized they were a scammer...

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #654 of 771
Really new to the forums but saw this post. I have a pair I would love to give to a happy Grado home. Message me your contact info and I will email back with photos and price. FYI, I am in the U.S. and will ship only to the U.S.

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #655 of 771
Oh too bad, I am in Montreal Canada

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #656 of 771
Anyone using them on the go?

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #657 of 771
I've used them on the go a few times, just while walking for exercise during winter here. 

I have Comfies, Flat Pads, Bowls and Jumbo pads here myself. I don't like them too much with either the Jumbo or Comfies. Comfies are too bassy/loose and a bit too scratchy in the mids for whatever reason. The Jumbos are a bit brighter than I would hope for, and unlike a few who seem to have heard them, I actually find the bass with Jumbos to be too weak for me. The Bowls are very good and are not as bright as the Jumbos, but do not have as expansive a soundstage. I like the tonality with the Bowls, mids and detail absolutely pops. I find the Bowls to suit me too, being dark and bassier like the comfies, but more detailed and natural. I might find myself switching the Bowls and Flats quite a bit depending on genre, bowls for Rock/Punk/Metal and Flats for Electronic, Pop etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back