Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #106 of 771
They appear to have used the thinner SR80-style cables with 3.5mm plug.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #107 of 771
The depth of the driver housings seem to look like the same as the RS1i's, if you own the RS1i's are they?
And according to Grado specs, the frequency range falls between the 325/RS2.
And it would make sense price wise, $300.00U.S. for the 325is, and about $95.00U.S. for wooden cups, but the cable doesn't fall into this price range, just figuring though.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #108 of 771
  Haven't had much time to listen too, but my initial thoughts are promising. Tried flats, bowls and stock, hard to stay at this point will give a few more hours of listening. Though I honestly wouldn't say they're almost on par with RS1i's or PS-500's. Hard to tell but I'm leaning more between RS2's and 225's, and of course a Grado sound signature. Oak wood smells very amazing, almost a smokey Oak, though that's probably the logo burned into the wood. 

Here are a few iPhone pics (low quality) just incase anyone is curious. (Oh and you can see from the pics they use the smaller cable sans 1/4 plug, but comes with 1/4 adapter you can see in last picture).

Seems worth it if just for the collector value.  I won't go there.

Dec 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #110 of 771
  Do they smell like whiskey?

The most important question I can imagine about these headphones
wink_face.gif
. How cool would that be, a headphone made out of whiskey barrels that smells like whiskey?

Dec 10, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #112 of 771
If the sound is between the 225i and the RS2i...then the price seems about right....even with the small cord and the s-cushions.....because you get the wooden cups.

If the sound is like a PS500 or RS1i....then everybody got a hell of a bargain and I kinda wish that I would have gotten a pair.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #114 of 771
SUBSCRIBED.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #116 of 771
Soo, anybody able to give a proper review of these yet?

I see a set as already found its way onto ebay...

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #118 of 771
  I chatted with someone at TTL before ordering. They had stock ready for initial round of orders and expected another wave or two of stock in the near future. Beyond that, they will be made to order until the barrel stock is depleted. Did not ask if the barrel stock would be replenished.

Ah, thank you for doing that. I have been checking their website 2-3 times a day since they went out of stock (don't trust the stock email
smile.gif
 ). It's good to know they expect more stock - I can rest a little easier!

J

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #119 of 771
Mine just arrived about an hour ago.

I have 80s, 225s, HF-2s, and now the Bushmills.  I'm not a super-analytical listener, so don't look to me for a review with flavor words, but I can provide some comments:

* They are Grados.  I was nervous that they would sound very differently, but no, these are Grados and sound like Grados.

* These aren't closed.  They are ported almost all the way around, just hidden under the lip of the cup.  They are only *slightly* more isolating, and only *slightly* less leaky.  Like, maybe 10%.

* They are light!  For sound quality, I think I prefer the HF-2s, but the weight of the HF-2s get to be too much after a couple hours.  These are super light, and I'm pretty sure I could wear these all day without a problem. (programmer)

So far, I'm pleased.  It would have been nice if they were more isolating than they are, but that's not what they are.

I'll post more as I get more hours with them.

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #120 of 771
Also, I'm a guy with longer hair and it can be a battle to keep wayward hairs from getting through the mesh on the other Grados (HF-2 especially) and make that terrible buzzrattle.

No concerns with the Bushmills design.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back