Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #16 of 771
The vented sides sound a bit like what was in the old Denon series and the new Fostex headphones.

They look great, and I'm hoping they sound great too I'd love a pair of headphones that look that nice for on-the-go.

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #18 of 771
So I'm thinking they're going to sound like the 325is or the RS2i's, because the specs fall in between these two model, although these are vented, so who knows, but I can't wait to hear some reviews!!! I am very tempted to order a pair right now but I already own three different Grado models, so I'm trying really hard not to place an order!!!

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 771
So I'm thinking they're going to sound like the 325is or the RS2i's, because the specs fall in between these two model, although these are vented, so who knows, but I can't wait to hear some reviews!!! I am very tempted to order a pair right now but I already own three different Grado models, so I'm trying really hard not to place an order!!!

Once you go Grado, you always want moreso XD

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 771
Elijah Wood helped design limited edition Grado headphones made from whiskey barrels http://t.co/h0JvQqjCW3

The Verge just picked this up.

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #23 of 771
I tried very hard to not order... and failed.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #25 of 771
Just saw this. Just bought them. I’m just too curious to hear how they sound with that closed (well, vented) back. I already have the RS1i so it should be an interesting comparison.

I also see that the pics on turntable lab show them with comfy pads. Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be keeping those on for long. I got spare flat pads and bowls to try on this headphone.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #27 of 771
From Grado's Facebook page:

"Today we'd like to introduce the limited edition Bushmills x Grado Headphones, made from their whiskey barrels. About six months ago, Bushmills came to us and asked if we'd be able to make headphones out of whiskey barrels. Not only was that something we had never done, but a design challenge we couldn't pass up. We accepted.

Those who know us know that sound comes first, and if we couldn't get it to have our Grado sound, we wouldn't have gone through with it. The end result is our first closed back headphone, this doesn't mean sealed though. We had to reengineer our open design to achieve the Grado sound on this model.

Bushmills brought us into their "Since Way Back" series and even had Elijah Wood and Zach Cowie come in on the project. We were surprised by how huge audiophiles they were, and that they had been using Grado for years. It's nice working with people who are genuinely enthusiastic about Grado, and sound quality in general. A big thank you to Bushmills, Elijah, and Zach for bringing us into their family and giving us this opportunity. Happy Listening!"

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #28 of 771
Annnnndddd I just ordered them :p

Couldn't help it!

I love Whiskey... I love audio.... My god if these smell of whiskey and leather....

lol in seriousness, it was an impulse buy and depending on how it goes, there may be a pair of p7's or a pair of closed grado's for sale haha.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 771
They look really nice, I love the headband.

I am really not a fan of closed headphones, but if they had that Grado sound signature, that would be very nice, indeed.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #30 of 771
I'm curious about how these sound..and the price anything too out there.

Quote:
  Annnnndddd I just ordered them :p

Couldn't help it!

I love Whiskey... I love audio.... My god if these smell of whiskey and leather....

lol in seriousness, it was an impulse buy and depending on how it goes, there may be a pair of p7's or a pair of closed grado's for sale haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back