GRADO 225 or 325i, what's the best for me?
Mar 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which amp, can be an issue
cool.gif

Don't remember.. I wanted to try the RS1 through some really nice looking tube amp (I don't know much at all about amps) that everyone kept admiring and complimenting, but I never got to. I bet that it would have sounded great though.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #17 of 33
Ha, yeah USD2k amp for USD200 hp, however my ESW9 sounds amazing with Zana...
biggrin.gif

Well, what I can remember, from my own experience, is that SR225 do not benefit that much from an amp, cos their potentials are bit limited than from RS series, that's all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, no Zana recommendation?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, take a good, hard look at Eddie Current. The EC/SS was designed with the RS-1 in mind and works extremely well with Grados.

Heed Canamp may be a good choice as well, since it also has great synergy with the K701. I can't say I liked the EC/SS all that much with my AKGs (when I had them).

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #20 of 33
Do you guys think that the SR325i will match well with my LittleDot II++?

The difference between 225 and 325 are basically the definition and details?

I have a Senn HD595, do you think that any of these are an upgrade for HD595? (I listen to Rock/Pop music)

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
325i are too fatiguing for me - and I usually love harsh highs.

I vote for 225 - I feel that 225s hit the sweetest spot in grados's SR lineup.

x 1,000,000

That is to say... me too.

Jun 11, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 33
SR325i fans are few and far between, but we're rabid.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #28 of 33
SR-225 are a nice next step, and the logical precursor to the 325i. They scale up fairly well with a decent source and amp, too. : ) If you really like the 225 (and Grados usually admit no middle ground: you either really like or really dislike them), then you're more ready to take the 325i "plunge."

The 325i will dazzle you with their high octane treble: fast, extended and very detailed. With the right stuff up front, the treble can sound silky and extremely transparent. Yet they will color everything with their intense treble energy, too. Note however that they don't really go very deep in the bass. They're "smacky" in the upper/mid bass, making for a rollicking ride, but their bass response, in actuality , is neither deep nor weighty. The illusion of deep bass is created by the extreme treble extension/prominence of the 325i in contrast with their punchy mid bass.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...they will color everything with their intense treble energy, too. Note however that they don't really go very deep in the bass. They're "smacky" in the upper/mid bass, making for a rollicking ride, but their bass response, in actuality , is neither deep nor weighty. The illusion of deep bass is created by the extreme treble extension/prominence of the 325i in contrast with their punchy mid bass.

Say wha? Huh? My head hurts from that explanation...and NO I haven't been listening to my Grados. lol

Switching to my 325i always takes at least 10 minutes for a re-brain burn-in. Different they are yes.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #30 of 33
You do realize that he said that money is no object in THIS consideration- that means that between the two he mentioned, price doesn't matter. That doesn't mean he has enough money for RS-1's. Just throwing that out there, not saying its not worth the extra cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back