Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions
May 16, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #2,027 of 2,153
Hi all! Here's a shameless plug for my m9XX that's up for sale. After debating on it for a while, I've decided to consolidate some of my equipment and I'm liking the attitude of the Herus + with my gear just a bit more than the m9XX. Shoot me a message if you're interested. Cheers! :beerchug:

May 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #2,028 of 2,153
Based on the Grace website, it looks like the m9xx will no longer be exclusive to Massdrop. It will be called the m900 and will include an extra S/PDIF input.

I wonder if there are any other differences. It looks like it may also retail for $499

May 20, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #2,029 of 2,153
Hi guys. I'm interested in this product for the DAC only. Would anyone be able to give impressions of it as a DAC compared to the Nuforce DAC80? I'm trying to decide between the two and am looking for feedback. Thanks!

May 21, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #2,030 of 2,153
Hi,
I'd like to have a new desktop DAC/AMP and would really like to get either the m9xx or the m900. Both would cost about the same ~600€
My "Problem" is that I could get a mojo for 400€ and I don't know what to go for now; I mean I could use the Mojo as a desktop amp, right?
please "help"

May 23, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #2,031 of 2,153
Personally I don't think they sound that much different. I used to feel the m9xx was between the Mojo and the iDSD Micro, but later on I'm starting to feel like the Mojo is a bit more bright and "hard-sounding" than the m9xx. To many people it will not be audible. In terms of usability the m9xx is definitely geared towards desktop usage. And the Mojo's battery life is not too good (even brandnew it last me 6 hrs at max). So I honestly think you should go for the m9xx.

May 23, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2,032 of 2,153
Yeah, I'd say you CAN use the Mojo as a desktop combo but the m9xx is a better desktop combo than the Mojo. I leave the Grace plugged-in and always-on but with the Mojo, you have to watch battery usage. I also just prefer the sound of the m9xx to the Mojo but that's a largely subjective calculation.

May 24, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #2,033 of 2,153
Hi,
I'd like to have a new desktop DAC/AMP and would really like to get either the m9xx or the m900. Both would cost about the same ~600€
My "Problem" is that I could get a mojo for 400€ and I don't know what to go for now; I mean I could use the Mojo as a desktop amp, right?
please "help"
Wait for the M900. The Grace M9xx sounded way better, has much better display, better volume adjustment, and enough power for dynamic cans. The M900 is newer and has S/PDIF input which is useful for feeding it from audio hardware. You could easily just carry it over to your stereo and plug it in.

May 26, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #2,036 of 2,153
Indeed. I'd say it's more transportable than portable. If you want something that travels, you're better off with a different device. If you're just occasionally moving the m9xx then a small box with bubble wrap will do. Hehe.

May 26, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #2,038 of 2,153
I'm planning on keeping it in my backpack, primarily to be used with a laptop. So mainly just looking for something to protect it from being banged around.

I saw your message last night, and intended to reply. However the travel case I'm using is no longer available.
It is a GoPro case though, and there are still several of those available. So my guess is something made to fit GoPro also fits m9xx well.

May 27, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,039 of 2,153
I'm planning on keeping it in my backpack, primarily to be used with a laptop. So mainly just looking for something to protect it from being banged around.
A Daiso Japan-type case works well and won't cost more than $2. :man_dancing:(Wanted to use that emoticon, haha)

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #2,040 of 2,153
Wait for the M900. The Grace M9xx sounded way better, has much better display, better volume adjustment, and enough power for dynamic cans. The M900 is newer and has S/PDIF input which is useful for feeding it from audio hardware. You could easily just carry it over to your stereo and plug it in.

Okay, thank you! Just found a proper retailer here for the grace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back