Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions
Dec 15, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #797 of 2,153
All units shipped with v1.0 firmware. You do not need to downgrade to v0.8. To play the m9xx with iOS, plug the external power supply in first, then connect to your device with the camera connection kit. High power mode tells the device it is self powered. To check firmware version, you can press and hold the volume knob while powering on the m9xx.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #798 of 2,153
All units shipped with v1.0 firmware. You do not need to downgrade to v0.8. To play the m9xx with iOS, plug the external power supply in first, then connect to your device with the camera connection kit. High power mode tells the device it is self powered. To check firmware version, you can press and hold the volume knob while powering on the m9xx.

I'm sorry for my simpleness. All has since been figured out. I'm boning up final parts for a review, which I intend to publish today. Being behind on iOS section is a pitiful position to be in. Thank you and sorry.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #799 of 2,153

I'm sorry for my simpleness. All has since been figured out. I'm boning up final parts for a review, which I intend to publish today. Being behind on iOS section is a pitiful position to be in. Thank you and sorry.

What are your thoughts on the Grace? Recommended for the price? Looking forward to your write up.

Cheers!

- Jamie

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #800 of 2,153
Glad everything has been taken care of! I adore the ability to utilize the m9XX on the go via iPhone 6 and battery charger. :bigsmile_face:

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #805 of 2,153
Glad everything has been taken care of! I adore the ability to utilize the m9XX on the go via iPhone 6 and battery charger.
bigsmile_face.gif

yep, we ran a rooted redmi 1s phone and batt pack for high power mode last weekend at a headfi meet.

blew erryone away.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #806 of 2,153

FYI, I have just published @shigzeo 's review on my website.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #807 of 2,153
In case you're wondering, it's here: Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX – more mojo than Mojo. I hope to link it with a few simple RMAA measurements tomorrow or the next day or ... whenever. It's obvious that the m9XX is a phenomenal performer, even under load. It's up there with the best unloaded, but falls in a few areas VS Mojo. In almost every metric, it bests The Element. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #809 of 2,153
I absolutely love this little device, so glad I pulled the trigger on it. I bought extra cables and power supplies so that I have easy plug and play at home, work, and my bag. It makes me so happy that I never give a second thought anymore as to whether my DAC/Amp is messing with my source material or the inherent qualities of my headphones, or whether I have the "optimal" amp for a particular headphone/style of music. No more tinkering with the DAC/Amp of my kit, I get to simply enjoy my music... So essential.

Finding the Grace reminds me of when I found my favorite camera lens: Versatile enough to use under any condition, and I never have second thoughts about reproduction quality. For me, this device contributes holistically to the experience. I find it invaluable that the m9xx removes my desire to juggle a bunch of gear and lets me focus on whats important. <3

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #810 of 2,153
  In case you're wondering, it's here: Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX – more mojo than Mojo. I hope to link it with a few simple RMAA measurements tomorrow or the next day or ... whenever. It's obvious that the m9XX is a phenomenal performer, even under load. It's up there with the best unloaded, but falls in a few areas VS Mojo. In almost every metric, it bests The Element. 

Love the Leica/Fujifilm comparison from your review, very accurate. I used to own an x100 Limited Edition... the first time hands-on impressions with the m9xx were very similar for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back