GR07 vs Sm2
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Andy Oh

New Head-Fier
Hi, my name is Andy
I want to hear your opinion
about Gr07 and sm2 . I don't really much know about earphones .
So, I want to hear recommend earphones under $180 dollars and this is my personal question
Do you think buy new earphone is better or just buy used earphones?

Thank you for read my weird questons.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi Andy, I haven't heard the SM2, but the GR07 MKII is certainly very good value for money. Sounds very nice and it is detailed, balanced and sounds very coherent. Another IEM you might consider is the GR01 or a used TF10 if you don't mind recessed mids. The Sony MDR-7550 is a good choice as well and is around your price range but doesn't have much isolation. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 7
The SE215 does not compete with the others mentioned for sound and there have been many complaints of dodgy connectors and sound cutting out. I wouldn't go for it...

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 7

I haven't seen anyone complaining about the connectors since the original batch like 2-3 years ago. The connectors may need cleaning once in a while but it's hardly a make or break factor, especially considering the awesome build quality and replaceable cable with sound that is very competitive for the cost. It's not as good as the GR07, but then it's also barely over half the price.

Quote:

The SE215 does not compete with the others mentioned for sound and there have been many complaints of dodgy connectors and sound cutting out. I wouldn't go for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back