GR07 vs Beats Solo HD
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

owais

Head-Fier
Before I get going, yes I understand that one is an IEM and the other is an on ear pair of headphones.

However, I've ordered a pair of GR07's (and SE215's) and was wondering how they will compare to my beats Solo HD's in terms of sound quality for rap/hip-hop/RnB/electronic music?
I know people say beats are overpriced and crapbut they still a pair of on-ear headphones so how do they fair up?

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Before I get going, yes I understand that one is an IEM and the other is an on ear pair of headphones.

However, I've ordered a pair of GR07's (and SE215's) and was wondering how they will compare to my beats Solo HD's in terms of sound quality for rap/hip-hop/RnB/electronic music?
I know people say beats are overpriced and crapbut they still a pair of on-ear headphones so how do they fair up?

Dude... GR07 Beats the Solo's like dust.. when it comes to clarity and overall timbre... but since u listen to Hip hop and considering that ur coming from a pair of beats , u will most likely feel the Gr07 is bass light.. But its not.. If u try to adjust ur ears and focus more on other Frequency's u will realize How great the Gr07's are.... SE215 in the other hand is a good bassy IEM... Kinda remind me of my old IE8's... i believe 215 is a better choice at the moment.. Since ur ears are Untrained...

so at the end... Gr07 is a All rounder IEM while Solo HD is a Bass Focused Headphone.. while 215 is the better choice ( At least for you)

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 7
Hmmm... firstly you will find different sound signatures...

Solo HD has a V-shaped signature while GR07 has a warm stage monitor signature...

GR07 has better resolution and dynamic range than the Solo HD, soundstage is hard to compare because they are in a different category.

Transition from the GR07 to Solo HD, you will find the bass being tighter and lesser in quantity (which can be felt by people as "lighter bass"), mids will be more forward (vocals and such will be clearer and feels like the vocalist is moved forward in the soundstage), treble can be quite hot and sibilant before burn in (if you have the MK I version, VSonic GR07 MKII shouldn't have this problem)

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 7
Dude... GR07 Beats the Solo's like dust.. when it comes to clarity and overall timbre... but since u listen to Hip hop and considering that ur coming from a pair of beats , u will most likely feel the Gr07 is bass light.. But its not.. If u try to adjust ur ears and focus more on other Frequency's u will realize How great the Gr07's are.... SE215 in the other hand is a good bassy IEM... Kinda remind me of my old IE8's... i believe 215 is a better choice at the moment.. Since ur ears are Untrained...

so at the end... Gr07 is a All rounder IEM while Solo HD is a Bass Focused Headphone.. while 215 is the better choice ( At least for you)

I bought both as the GR07 has no iphone controls and so i needed something to wear while on the go. I would have gone with just one 535 but the forum seems to indicate that it's very bass light, even compared to the GR07.

I ordered the GR07 Bass edition which is hear is like the MKII with a bit more bass and worse cables, right?

Quote:
Hmmm... firstly you will find different sound signatures...

Solo HD has a V-shaped signature while GR07 has a warm stage monitor signature...

GR07 has better resolution and dynamic range than the Solo HD, soundstage is hard to compare because they are in a different category.

Transition from the GR07 to Solo HD, you will find the bass being tighter and lesser in quantity (which can be felt by people as "lighter bass"), mids will be more forward (vocals and such will be clearer and feels like the vocalist is moved forward in the soundstage), treble can be quite hot and sibilant before burn in (if you have the MK I version, VSonic GR07 MKII shouldn't have this problem)

Does the Bass edition have issues which require a burn in to correct?

So overall, the GR07 will be a lot clearer but lack a little bass when compared to the Solo HD's?

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #5 of 7
If I am not wrong, there is no need to burn in for the MKII and Bass Edition (though most people will still do a burn in of 100 hours).

And yes, it will lack a little bass, though you will find the bass to be tighter and with better texture.

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 7
To me Solo HD are not that bassheavy and compare to GR07 MK1 bass, they(GR07) are pretty good punchy bassier IEMs with higher resolution soundquality and fairly wide soundstage which is comparable to HD Solo. But overall GR07 are better sounding with dynamic pounchy bass and soundsignature is quite close too.

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #7 of 7
what you will find is that bass is different from bass.
I was actually listening to my BE's and stopped by a friend's house (who has the solo HD).
So I said, hmm. Let's listen to these beats shall we?

I couldn't keep them on for more than 30 seconds. So I had to judge them with different songs in 30 second intervals. The quality of sound has that much of a drastic difference.
But since you're more interested in the bass, you'll realize that the beats do not extend low and do not have the same quality as the BE's.
The beats will also sound artificial.

Those are my thoughts come from BE to solo HD. Not sure how you'd feel in the opposite direction, but whatever you do, don't just jump to the conclusion that the BE's aren't for you because the sound is different than you are used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back