GR07 or RE0 for quiet rooms
Sep 22, 2011 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kikonenko

New Head-Fier
Hi, i'm considering one of these so i can listen to music at quiet places like my college's library. I'm really not supposed to leak any sound, any kind of noise is really frowned upon. Of course i'm not gonna max out the volume, i appreciate my eardrums, but i'm afraid some frequency range might be harder to keep from leaking to the students sitting next to me, specially being the GR07 open-back. I actually switched from earbuds to IEM because i just realised for many years i've been covering the loud ambient noise in public transport, construction places, etc with even louder volume from my spears, instead of isolating from them with a good IEM and playing at lower volumes. Poor ears :frowning2:.  I was going for the RE0 until i read about the GR07. Apparently they have more or less the same sound, but add some more bass (not a basshead, but wouldn't like to spend 150 bucks on a pair of IEM that can't perform _good_ (the least) with bassy music styles like hiphop, etc.). So please could you confirm me that i can still enjoy music at a moderate sound level without leaking sound at all?

If you know they won't be quiet, please let me know before i order.

Thanks.

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 3
I get no sound leakage from the GR07's at a volume where I can nearly not hear anything around me. It's all about insertion and fit that makes that. I've tested this with some of my friends and I can't hear any of the music that is being played. 

It's a hard one to call really, I want to test this out right now but I have nobody around to tell me if sound is leaking or not!

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi! Thanks for the quick response!. I understand that you get no sound leakage with a good fit and insertion, and you already checked it with some friends, but then you say it's a hard one to call and you want to test it right now. So i'm a little confused, what's to be tested that you didn't before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back