Got the HD600s (formerly pulling the trigger thread)
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 204
I thought these hd600s would have a lot of burn in already. Apparently I was mistaken. I was told by the owner that its only got around 10 hours on it and has been in the box ever since so I might have to do some serious burn in first before giving impressions... unless... They kick serious booty the moment I get them
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #20 of 204
They will sound good just not as good as they should.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 204
They will sound good just not as good as they should. Mine were really bright when I first got them and new they are perfect. Either that or I lost some high sensitivity hearing listening to them...

If you have any real audiophile recordings now would be a good time to dust em off!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #22 of 204
gonna try some patricia barber, regular rock like foreigner, post punk like the cure and the smiths, jazz like miles davis, smooth jazz like lee ritenour and spyro gyra, pop like phil collins and some porcupine tree. That should be a good allround test against the ad2000

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #24 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gonna try some patricia barber, regular rock like foreigner, post punk like the cure and the smiths, jazz like miles davis, smooth jazz like lee ritenour and spyro gyra, pop like phil collins and some porcupine tree. That should be a good allround test against the ad2000

Female voices smoothed out a lot with break-in. I suggest Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, any Dire Straits really. These do well with really dense, lush recordings.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #25 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which amp do you use to drive the HD600?
smily_headphones1.gif

Me? Nothing too fancy. Pro-Ject Headbox SE II.
DSC00386.jpg

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #26 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which amp do you use to drive the HD600?
smily_headphones1.gif

Just my audiolab 8000a integrated amp for now. It might actually be a great match. Will see when it gets here in a few minutes. The guy delivering it texted me on my cel as I write this message

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #30 of 204
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is ridiculous! instant gratification. My imagination of the perfect cans!!! PRRRRAAAATTTT!!!! unbelievable~! THEY RAWWWKKKK

Good to hear that your satisfied with your decision! The HD600 remain my favorite headphone by far, out of everything I own or have auditioned. They sound so lush and have a very gratifying natural sound. Not to mention, they're damn comfortable. If you wouldn't mind doing a brief elaboration, how would you stack them up against the AD2000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back