Got the Audio Technica AD2000
Dec 5, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #16 of 305
I really feel like crying. The presence on these cans are unbelievable! This is the best sounding piece of equipment i have ever heard. I prefer them even compared to the highest end speaker systems ive heard which includes wilsons, avante gardes, sound labs a1s and many more. Thanks to all the people on headfi that led me to these.

Wmcmanus impressions of these cans are spot on. Also thanks to Elephas and ASR, I would have never discovered these if i didn't read their impressions and reviews in the first place.

Ive never enjoyed all my music as much. other cans or speakers that ive heard are picky with music. the ad2000s are making me enjoy all my music regardless of recording quality.

About the bass debate, well these have less bloom than the 595s but because of the 595s slow and muddy nature, they make me want more bass out of them. These ad2000s are never making me want more. It feels very coherent and integrated. Impact combined with a very light and fast sound make me hold my breath. wooof I'm having too much fun to care about explaining any more about the sonic attributes.

This is a can that finally makes me forget about the equipment

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #17 of 305
The comfort on these headphones are great. People say that these are uncomfortable but i guess it depends on the persons head and ears because i've been listening to them straight for 7 hours and they are more comfy than my 595s

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #18 of 305
wower,
what changes occured after burn in with your pair? Is it just like I described the changes were after a day of use? I'm having too much fun with them now to care about putting pink noise on hehehe

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 305
I'm not very good at answering such specific questions. I'm fairly skeptical about people's dramatic descriptions of burn-in. It's hard for me to discern the difference between burn-in and becoming familiar with a phone's sound sig. That said, obviously there will be some subtle changes. Basically, from the past year, now I would discribe the phone as refined, with attudite; transparent and detailed, it gets out of the way of the music; and coherent, all along the freq range. It's not the perfect phone but some of things I'm hearing are clearly the deficiency of my source. Attack, even better weight behind notes, and even smoother highs could all still be improved (at a cost).

Dec 6, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 305
here are some pics

DSCI2791.jpg

DSCI2793.jpg

DSCI2797.jpg

DSCI2804.jpg

Dec 6, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #23 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And now you know why they're my #1 favorite headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif
Glad to hear you're enjoying them, I figured you would.

Did you ever get your pair back or get another pair rebalanced?

Dec 6, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #24 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't bother about LawnGnome comments, he owns the Denon D2000.... not the AT AD2000
wink.gif

ahh no wonder.
If the ad2000 has bloated bass then I am mickey mouse
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #25 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsuttitinagul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you ever get your pair back or get another pair rebalanced?

IE!! I didn't want to bring it up! (But I was curious.)

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #26 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't bother about LawnGnome comments, he owns the Denon D2000.... not the AT AD2000
wink.gif

Good catch!

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 305
Hey, great to hear your satisfied with your purchase! I'm currently debating whether or not to make these my next upgrade coming from the ATH-A950LTDs. I'm curious about switching over to an open can. I've done my fair share of searching throughout countless threads but your impressions have landed me one step close to taking the plunge!

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #28 of 305
Glad to see recognition for AD2000 rearing its head again. Although sometimes I want to reach for something a bit more clinical

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #29 of 305
Wouldn't recommend the AD2000 for a blind purchase. The mids are very extreme and the highs slighty veiled. Not everybody's darling, sounds a bit strangish outside the rock territory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back