Got Scammed by ID " KewStone"
Aug 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

wwyssh

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm not quite sure if this is the place to post everything, if it's not plz point it and I'll close this thread.

Recently I was scammed by ID " KewStone", who is right now banned, but not banned back then when I was dealing with him. He had some positive feedbacks before I'm dealing with him. I traded my HM802 for his IM04, but after I received it, it was an empty package. Right now I got his name, address, phone number. Already tried with USPS and they said they cannot retrack international package.

I'm not sure what to do next. And I'm pretty much sure I'm not seeing my 802 again. I would appreciate any suggestions by you guys.

Sincerely,
Steve

Aug 10, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 26
I think I have to put his info here since I found some of his other posts on other websites. He's using the name "Kor Weng". 

https://www.secondhand.my/user/kor-weng/

Here is his info: 

2, LORONG INTAN BAIDURI 2B, 
TAMAN INTAN BAIDURI,
52100, KUALA LUMPUR,
MALAYSIA.

Name: WILSON LOK YUN WOON (as he claimed to be)
Phone number: +60129318637

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 26
Wow, I actually received a message from him regarding the Noble 6 that I had up for sale -- glad I didn't continue forward with that. 

Sorry to hear about your situation though. International deals are particularly difficult when things go wrong, unfortunately. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 26
  Wow, I actually received a message from him regarding the Noble 6 that I had up for sale -- glad I didn't continue forward with that. 

Sorry to hear about your situation though. International deals are particularly difficult when things go wrong, unfortunately. 

I agree, pretty much nothing we can do if it's international, and especially the post office wouldn't be much (any) of help.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 26
Sorry to hear about this
Seems some scammer do a few legitimate dealings to get positive feedback before scamming

Exactly. In this case I couldn't see a possible way to prevent this, nor have an earlier clue about this until someone is scammed. The bad guys can always put a made-up name and phone number there. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 26
Sorry about this.

Personally, I never trade. I always buy through PP. Safe that way.

Is there a thread to keep an eye fraudulent users?

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 26
Yeah, it's a shame some prey on others
I have successfully traded but might have to save high ticket items for established members with years on here. But then even that can go south

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #10 of 26
You need to get this user onto here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/beware-of-the-following-scams-and-people-abusing-the-classifieds

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 26
Some scammers make small deals for good feedbacks then suddenly makes a big transaction. This is always a red flag to me. I've seen it on ebay and I stay away, specially if they are relatively new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back