Got scammed by a 500+ head-fier what a shame
Oct 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #31 of 57

Quote:

A huge ???? at these posts.

Can you explain why you're defending a thief, and what the reason and result of contacting an admin / moderator will be here?

this^

you know his address? go around his and burn his house down

or call Joe Pesci, he'd know how to get your property back in no time... lol

I kid... (still)

it sucks. better luck next time

[edited for inappropriate term] 

Oct 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #32 of 57

Quote:

Can you explain why you're defending a thief, and what the reason and result of contacting an admin / moderator will be here?

Even if the person is a scammer, it is not logical to post his full name and address all over the place. It's best to leave it to the authorities. 

ps. welcome back kiteki.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #33 of 57

Quote:
Even if the person is a scammer, it is not logical to post his full name and address all over the place. It's best to leave it to the authorities. 

ps. welcome back kiteki.

I politely disagree, with admins permissions we should create a list of members proved to be scammers, username, real name, email, address. to maybe prevent it to happen again.

authorities do nothing in these cases.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #35 of 57

Quote:
I politely disagree, with admins permissions we should create a list of members proved to be scammers, username, real name, email, address. to maybe prevent it to happen again.

I agree with you. But what if you're not a scammer and you're just being accused of it? It's a good idea to make public the names and address of a scammer (proven one). 

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #37 of 57
 Good luck, that would really suck :/

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #39 of 57
Wouldn't publish someone else's actual name and address. I'm no lawyer but there's something called Publication of Private Facts in the US that you can be sued for. Say you can't prove your case here without reasonable doubt, and a potential employer for that person finds his name. or something like that.

May be justified, being scammed sucks, but not worth the risk imo.

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #41 of 57
Oct 1, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 57

To me it's not definitely confirmed the guy's a scammer and a thief. Okay, it sounds likely, but it's also possible the guy's been as yet unable to complete the trade because he's had something unfortunate happen to him or something like that.

Before posting his private details, at least given the other user an opportunity to reply.

If he doesnt reply or complete the trade in a reasonable time frame post his details. This will help others and allow some of us to use it to do things that are fun!

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #44 of 57

Quote:

Who are you to say he's a thief? I'm not convinced. A mod might be able to help restore contact between buyer/seller and resolve the issue. How would you feel if you didn't respond to a buyer's PM for a week, and they decide to post your personal info and call you a thief?

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #45 of 57

Thief or no thief, I still second James opinion:

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back