Got scammed by a 500+ head-fier what a shame
Sep 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 57
I am really sorry.
You should really try to get that guy, the legal system should still work in Canada....you can at least try and contact local authorities. Did you check where he lives?

You make me feel uncertain about selling/trading on Head-Fi.org right now.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #17 of 57
^

Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you. There are many honest sellers here at head-fi but you do have to exercise caution sometimes.

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 57

Quote:
I am really sorry.
You should really try to get that guy, the legal system should still work in Canada....you can at least try and contact local authorities. Did you check where he lives?

Reason why I always check to see if they have any feedback, either at Headfi or other places

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 57

Quote:
I am really sorry.

I have 20+ deals here and never a bad one. you just have to be careful. but sometimes is left to bad luck. I wouldnt buy a $100+ from a person without feedback.

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 57

Quote:
I feel very bad for you right now.I dread that one day I too will be scammed.

.... and it will come 
very_evil_smiley.gif

(hope not)

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #26 of 57
Not to discourage you in anyway but I know a friend who got scammed and she contacted the police here and nothing happened.

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #30 of 57

Quote:
I don't think you should be publishing his personal information, regardless of what he's done to you.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think you should be publishing his personal information, regardless of what he's done to you.

I have to agree here.

happywater, have you talked to a moderator? 

Quote:
Quote:

Then again, I simply agree with HeadInjury. Talk with a moderator, and don't show any personal information. Hope everything goes well.

Quote:
PM one of the moderators or administrators.

Quote:
Yea, you might want to edit your first post, remove his name and address.

Quote:
And OP also should edit the trader feedback he/she left (which also included the guy's address)...

A huge ???? at these posts.

Can you explain why you're defending a thief, and what the reason and result of contacting an admin / moderator will be here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back