got my silver SL-CT570 today but...
Aug 1, 2002 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Tina

100+ Head-Fier
pay day! i run straight to my favorite electronics store hunting for the panasonic. after a few minutes of comparing prices, i landed on a store who gave it for $15. you heard me right. it's second hand but almost new. just a few scratches here and there. i was smiling ear to ear and could almost fly. in my bus ride, i checked out the sound in my e888's from the headphone jack, and the line out, and found that you guys here were right. it sounds soooo warm, balanced and rich compared to my brother's newer sony. when i got home, i grabbed my mz-n1, a incubus cd and my optical cable, connected them and began recording. UH OH, my md says, 'no signal'. the sound doesn't get through. is it the cable? my brother's pcdp sony works fine with it. i'm aware that the a. shock should be off during optical transfer. still no signal. i think i got what i paid for or am i missing something? the separate line out is okay with an analog cable. sigh!

anyway, i still have the wallet for an ej1000 just for the heck of it (and for my injured feelings). too bad i'm gonna miss the beyer 770 this month.

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 23
I didn't think the 570 had an optical out, I thought it was analog only. Am I wrong? I didn't read the manual closely, but I don't recall anything about the line out being able to transmit digital data.

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 23
i'm sorry i don't know what a "PS" is.
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 23
I think "PS" means the power supply adapter that you plug into the wall. About my earlier post, I see you're in Korea. If I recall correctly the non-US model does have digital out capability, although the U.S. model doesn't. Please forgive my haste in my reply.

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by dinosauract
I didn't think the 570 had an optical out, I thought it was analog only. Am I wrong? I didn't read the manual closely, but I don't recall anything about the line out being able to transmit digital data.

yup, it has an optical out. what fancies me is that it is separate from the analog out campared to sony units. or am is this really what it is with older units.
oh, probably if i can read the manual, i could figure out about this problem. anybody knows where i can download it? or can someone who has one read on this and help me out? will really save my "hurt feeling" right now
smily_headphones1.gif
. thanks.

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by dinosauract
I think "PS" means the power supply adapter that you plug into the wall.

i.c. i'll buy one as soon as i can. and let you know if it works.
wow, the ac on this thing (4.5V) is bigger than my md which is only 3V.

Quote:

Please forgive my haste in my reply. [/B]

please don't be sorry. i'm the stupid one
smily_headphones1.gif
and you're the one in the helping end. realllyyy appreciate this.
smily_headphones1.gif

*tapping on wood and hopes to get that beyer instead of another pcdp

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 23
just scanned the manual and it didn't mention any optical out. i think this is because the english manual is for the us models which dinosauract just told me, has no optical out. i hope the ps will sovle the problem since since this pcdp seems to be working like new. i hope somebody here has the slct570-to-md setup that can verify this.

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #12 of 23
Yeah, that's the US-version manual. The international version does have the optical out. I was disapointed to find out the US version didn't when it arrived, but oh well.

If your MD player came with a AC/DC power supply, you can use that too. As long as the output voltage is somewhere between 3-6V, you shouldn't have any problems -- just don't use a power supply for a cordless drill or something.

kerelybonto

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
If your MD player came with a AC/DC power supply, you can use that too. As long as the output voltage is somewhere between 3-6V, you shouldn't have any problems --
kerelybonto

i hope it'll work. yup, my n1 has external dc supply of 3v. but when i digitally rip my music using a sony pcdp, whether i use external power or only the internal batteries, i have no problems at all.

btw, i wonder why the us models are different. i think it's unfair. a few minutes ago, i saw that in the manual that the remote of the us model seems different from what comes with mine. mine came with a circle backlit (blue light). but anyway, guys, what matters is the very superior sound of this model. the eq is not needed. i don't even use the remote when i'm indoor since it's more raw (i think) if the phones are directly connected to the unit.

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 23
nope, can't use it. the plug needed for the panasonic must be fatter. the sonys always use very thin dc plug jacks.

Aug 1, 2002 at 5:14 PM Post #15 of 23
I don't know why they're different either, in most cases, the non-US versions are better, IMO.

You MIGHT be limited to using a Panasonic PS for your unit, sometimes manufacturers put odd connectors on their gear to force you to buy their accessories. Don't know if the 570 is like that or not. If all else fails, I have 3 of these models, I certainly don't need 3 PS's. So I could send you one for the price of the shipping, but you should be able to find something locally that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back